Elite™ 28K Inflatable Life Jacket
|Warranty Details||One Year|
|With Harness||Without Harness|
|USCG Type||USCG Type III|
Mustang Survival engineered the Elite 28K Inflatable Life Jacket for paddlers in need of adaptability.
Built with a revolutionary 3-D chassis design, the Elite is aerodynamic and contours to your body while the back panel clears any kayak seat. With a comfortable fit, this inflatable life jacket turns unconscious wearer’s face up and effectively keeps your head above water. Built with a versatile MOLLE webbing attachment system and attachment tabs for storing gear and stringing up frequently used tools.
Designed with Hydrostatic Inflator Technology (HIT™), the Elite only inflates when submerged in water. This feature minimizes the risk of accidental inflation and avoids premature inflation due to rain or ocean spray. You will want to visually inspect your life jacket for leaks or tears every few months and service the automatic inflator yearly. Rearm your life jacket with Mustang Survival’s Elite Rearming Kit (sold separately).
Lightweight, breathable, and aerodynamic features make this life jacket comfortable and functional. The wide shoulder system design sits on your shoulders, away from your neck eliminating neck fatigue. A mesh liner on the back wicks away moisture and enhances breathability so you won’t be hindered by a soggy, uncomfortable life jacket. The 3D chassis design gives the Elite a structural framework that won’t hinder your speed or movement for maximum comfort during long days on the water.
- Hydrostatic Inflator Technology (HIT™) only inflates when submerged minimizing accidental inflation
- Versatile MOLLE webbing attachment system stores gear in pockets
- Bright fluorescent yellow/green inflation cell for increased visibility in water
- Attachment tabs for stringing up frequently used tools
- Slim 3D chassis reduces interference
- Back panel clears kayak seats
- Wide shoulder system eliminates neck fatigue
- Intuitive side adjusters for a fine-tuned fit
- Wicking mesh liner and back vent for improved breathability
For more information on USCG approval types and why you should always wear your life jacket when you are on a boat, see “Think Safe - Choose the Right Personal Flotation Device (PFD)”.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.