Elite™ Automatic Inflatable Life Jacket
|Warranty Details||Two Years|
|With Harness||Without Harness|
|USCG Type||Type V: Special Use/Type III: Flotation Aids|
Mustang Survival engineered the Elite Inflatable Life Jacket for serious boaters with a design that stays put at high speeds.
Built with a revolutionary 3-D chassis design, the Elite is aerodynamic and reduces drag at high speeds. With a comfortable fit, this inflatable life jacket turns unconscious wearer’s face up and effectively keeps your head above water.
Designed with Hydrostatic Inflator Technology (HIT™), the Elite only inflates when submerged in water. This feature minimizes the risk of accidental inflation and avoids premature inflation due to rain or ocean spray. You will want to visually inspect your life jacket for leaks or tears every few months and service the automatic inflator yearly. Rearm your life jacket with Mustang Survival’s Elite Rearming Kit (sold separately).
Lightweight, breathable, and aerodynamic features make this life jacket comfortable and functional. The wide shoulder system design sits on your shoulders, away from your neck eliminating neck fatigue. A mesh liner on the back wicks away moisture and enhances breathability so you won’t be hindered by a soggy, uncomfortable life jacket. Finally, the 3D chassis design gives the Elite a structural framework that won’t hinder your speed or movement for maximum comfort during long days on the water.
Includes CO2 Cartridge
- Hydrostatic Inflator Technology (HIT™) only inflates when submerged minimizing accidental inflation
- Lightweight body armor industry out shell shaped for optimum mobility and all-day comfort
- Bright fluorescent yellow/green inflation cell for increased visibility in water
- Discreet anodized inflation handle reduces interference
- Aerodynamic 3D chassis reduces drag at high speeds
- Wide shoulder system eliminates neck fatigue
- Intuitive side adjusters for a fine-tuned fit
- Attached emergency whistle
- Wicking mesh liner and back vent for improved breathability
- Abrasion patches on hard-wearing areas
For more information on USCG approval types and why you should always wear your life jacket when you are on a boat, see “Think Safe - Choose the Right Personal Flotation Device (PFD)”.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.