HIT Inflatable Work Vest Life Jacket
Mustang Survival designed their HIT™ Inflatable Work Life Jacket with enhanced safety measures and minimal maintenance to meet the challenges of demanding users!
Mustang Survival’s Work HIT™ Inflatable life jacket offers a comfortable, low-profile design that can be worn in hot, humid conditions. Maintenance free for five years, the HIT™ inflatable will turn unconscious wearers face up and go unnoticed while you perform rigorous activities thanks to its lightweight design. Strength tested at 50MPH and built with a durable PU-coated nylon shell, this life jacket was built for severe work conditions.
Designed to automatically inflate when submerged in 4 inches or more of water, their Hydrostatic Inflator Technology will not prematurely inflate due to rain, spray, or humidity. Designed for use in severe weather, the HIT™ offers reliable, low maintenance inflation. The built-in, arming status window shows green when your inflator is properly armed and ready to use. You will want to visually inspect your life jacket for leaks, rips, holes, or tears between uses and examine the indicator window ensuring it is green and not red. If red, the mechanism requires service and you will need to rearm your life jacket. Rearm with a Mustang Survival Auto-Hydrostatic 33g Rearming Kit C (sold separately). In case of emergency or malfunction, manually inflate this life jacket by pulling the yellow lanyard tab or by blowing in the oral inflation tube.
Enhanced mobility and reduced heat stress define the comfort features of this life jacket allowing your crew to work in hot and humid conditions efficiently. Inflatable life jackets are designed to be lightweight and low profile offering maximum mobility. This feature minimizes bulk so it fits well over your rash guard or offshore jacket. As Mustang Survival’s most popular inflatable, the HIT™ can also be comfortably worn over your clothes. With its freedom of movement, you can wear this life jacket for extended periods of time without noticing it. A neoprene collar adds extra comfort for long days of wear. With its single buckle design, it is easy to don on and off as well.
Constructed from durable PU-coated nylon, this Inflatable life jacket was built for use in all weather conditions and offers improved puncture and abrasion resistance. Featuring a patented SecureZip™ closure system around the bladder to ensure the life jacket will not inflate during rigorous activity, but will open effortlessly when submerged in water. The backflap can be silkscreened for agency identification.
- Neoprene collar for added comfort
- Inflator is maintenance free for 5 years from date of manufacture
- SecureZip™ closure system ensures bladder will not inflate during rigorous activity
- Arming status window shows green to indicate your inflator is ready to use
- Fits a wide range of chest sizes from 30"-52"
- Cylinder is contained inside bladder for protection from corrosion
- Approved for use by individuals 16 years and older weighing 80 pounds or more
- Durable nylon construction for long-lasting use
- Attached emergency whistle on bladder
- Strobe light holder for attaching light
- D-Ring for kill-switch attachment
- Retro reflective SOLAS tape on front and back of outer shell for increased visibility
- USCG Approval Type: Type V with Type II performance
- Intended Use: Commercial, industrial
- Buoyancy: 35lbs. when inflated
- Activation Method: Automatic
- Inflator Type: 1F Auto Hydrostatic Inflator
- Shroud/Pouch Material: Polyurethane coated nylon
- Closure: Buckle
- Range of Adjustment: Fits chest sizes 30"-52"
- Service Interval: 5 years from date of manufacture, upon inflation it is essential to inspect and rearm before next use
For more information on USCG approval types and why you should always wear your life jacket when you are on a boat, see “Think Safe Choose the Right Personal Flotation Device (PFD)”.
HIT Inflatable Work Vest Life Jacket
|USCG Type||Type V: Special Use|
|Warranty Details||One Year|
|With Harness||Without Harness|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.