MUSTANG SURVIVAL–Universal Swift Water Rescue Life Jacket
Universal Swift Water Rescue Life Jacket
|Type||Inherently Buoyant Foam|
|USCG Type||Type V: Special Use|
Designed to meet the specific needs of swift water search and rescue operations.
Mustang Survival developed their Universal Swift Water Rescue life jacket to specifically meet the requests of water rescue communities. This United States Coast Guard approved Type V SAR life jacket specifically meets the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) needs of these high-risk communities. Featuring layered flotation foam that is highly buoyant at 25lbs. yet comfortable improving operational performance for rescue professionals. A quick donning system with seven, easy adjustment tabs help create a more custom and secure fit while large armholes allow for freedom of movement.
While working in chaotic water environments and during times of low light level, visibility is imperative. In 2011 Mustang Survival conducted an “On-Water Visibility” study and found fluorescent green to be the most detectable color for a floating target. Thus, they strategically placed fluorescent green coloring on the shoulders, chest, and back collar of the Universal Swift Rescue life jacket for increased visibility in murky conditions. Extreme color gradients are enhanced by 62” of SOLAS reflective tape, which is highly reflective, improving visibility even more.
A durable, 2” webbing harness wraps around this life jacket and is designed to attach to a safety line at the back of the vest. This harness has been tested to the 730lb. requirement after accelerated weathering so you know it is secure and strong. On the back collar you will find a sturdy drag handle for emergencies and below that is a Velcro® panel for attaching ID patches. MOLLE webbing on the shoulders and back provide attachment points for accessories and two large, self-draining pockets allow for ample storage.
The Universal Swift Water Rescue life jacket is an ultra-high security jacket that keeps you safe and visible while facing the challenges of swift water rescue.
- USCG Type V with Type III Performance (Approved for trained rescue personnel only when worn)
- Durable 2" webbing harness (designed to attach to safety line at back of vest) tested to 730lb. requirement with quick-release front buckle
- Over 62” of SOLAS reflective tape for increased visibility
- MOLLE webbing on shoulders and back provides attachment points for accessories
- Large armholes for increased mobility
- Quick donning with 7 adjustment tabs creating a customized fit for users with chest sizes from 30-52”
- Drag handle
- Fluorescent yellow-green accents for improved visibility
- Layered flotation foam increases comfort to improve operational performance
- Velcro® panel on back for attaching ID patches
- Two large self-draining pockets for ample storage
- One D-ring for lanyard attachments
- Webbing loop in pocket
- USCG Approval Type: Type V with Type III performance (approved for trained rescue personnel only when worn
- Intended Use: Search and rescue operations
- Buoyancy: 25lb.
- Flotation Material: Layered flotation foam
- Shell Fabric: 500 denier Cordura®
- Closure: Zipper; three webbing straps with Acetal buckles
- Warranty: One year
For more information on USCG approval types and why you should always wear your life jacket when you are on a boat, see “Think Safe Choose the Right Personal Flotation Device (PFD)”.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.