28A Solar Power Charge Controller
This item is no longer available.
Charge controller protects your 12/24-volt gel or lead-acid batteries and controls large solar arrays.
28 Amp charge controller handles solar arrays of up to 450 watts. Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) technology provides higher charging efficiency and maintains a higher battery reserve than standard charge controllers.
Protects battery (or multi-battery bank) from overcharging, high voltage surges, short circuits, low voltage discharging and reverse current. The charge controller is designed to protect your 12/24-volt gel or lead-acid batteries. It prevents overcharging and discharging of the battery. It also comes equipped with a built-in blocking diode to avoid reverse current overnight.
- Made with adjustable voltage settings, so it can be used with any 12-volt or 24-volt system
- LCD Display shows the battery voltage, charging current and loads’ current in five second internals during operation
- Designed for permanent installation
- Default cut in voltage for 12V system: 10.5V
- Default cut out voltage for 12V system: 13.7V
- Default cut in voltage for 24V system: 21V
- Default cut out voltage for 24V system: 27.4V
- Not waterproof so must be installed in a protected area; Weight: 0.9 lb.
28A Solar Power Charge Controller
|Dimensions||6 1/2" Width x 4 1/2" Height x 2" Depth|
|Connection Interface||Two-Wire Delphi|
12 Volts DC
24 Volts DC
|Warranty Details||One Year|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
To receive your order by December 24th, 2018, please reference the 2018 Holiday Shipping Schedule.
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned. This includes: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers, computer software and electronics charts. Other non-returnable items include carry-on air conditioners, generators and select electronics. We will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair on product that cannot be returned to West Marine. Items containing hazardous material may only be returned to a West Marine store.
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Estimated delivery is 3 – 7 business days and only applicable on deliveries within the contiguous United States. Signature Required for receipt of shipment.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464).