Marine-Grade 2000 Watt Wind Turbine
|Amperage||2000 Watts at 45 MPH|
|Dimensions||69 7/8" Blade Span|
|Warranty Details||Two Years|
Low startup speed of only 6.7mph wind, maximum output of 2000 Watts in a 45mph wind, with marinized protection.
These wind turbines efficiently harness wind energy 24 hours per day, seven days a week. AC output at the wind turbine body ensures that you keep the most power possible over the distance from generator to batteries.
High-quality marine-grade coating and construction provide versatility on both land and marine environments. Maintenance-free design features an industrial strength die-cast aluminum body with carbon fiber composite blades that are engineered for low-noise operation.
Maximum power is reached at 45 mph wind speed. Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) Smart Controller (included) varies voltage to current ratio for the most efficient charging. Automatic regenerative electromagnetic braking system keeps the unit operating within the proper mechanical and electrical limits without manual intervention. Overspeed/Overcrank shutdown prevents damage in high wind conditions.
- Low startup speed of 6.7mph
- Carbon fiber blades ensure low noise, little disturbance and maximum performance
- High-quality marine-grade coating for marine protection and durability
- Industrial-strength aluminum body rated for wind speeds up to 110mph
- Includes external MPPT Controller with LCD output power display
- Requires 1 15/16" Schedule 80 pipe (actual OD 48.5mm), sold separately
- Output voltage: 48V
- Minimum wind speed: 6.7mph
- Survival wind speed: 110mph
- Cut-out wind speed: 45mph
- Maximum output: 2000 Watts at 45mph
- Blade span: 69 7/8"
- Number of blades: Three
- Blade material: Carbon fiber
- Case material: Diecast aluminum with PTFE-based paint
- Weight: 38lb.
- Overspeed protection: Regenerative electromagnetic brake system
- Recommended battery bank: 500Ah (420Ah minimum), 48V DC
- Warranty: Two years
What's in the Box
- Yaw shaft cover
- Yaw shaft bolt (4)
- Blades (3)
- Blades bolt (6)
- Jam nut
- Nose cone
- Blades nut 6)
- Tail screw
- Hex key (2)
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.