NATURE POWER–Marine-Grade 400 Watt Wind Turbine
Marine-Grade 400 Watt Wind Turbine
|Amperage||400 Watts at 28 MPH|
|Dimensions||46" Blade Span|
|Warranty Details||Two Years|
Low startup speed, maximum output of 400 Watts in a 28mph wind, with marinized protection.
These wind turbines efficiently harness wind energy 24 hours per day, seven days a week. AC output at the wind turbine body ensures that you keep the most power possible over the distance from generator to batteries. High-quality marine-grade coating and construction provide versatility on both land and marine environments.
Maintenance-free design features an industrial strength die-cast aluminum body with carbon fiber composite blades that are engineered for low-noise operation. Maximum power is reached at 28 mph wind speed.
Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) Smart Controller (included) varies voltage to current ratio for the most efficient charging. Automatic regenerative electromagnetic braking system keeps the unit operating within the proper mechanical and electrical limits without manual intervention. Overspeed/Overcrank shutdown prevents damage in high wind conditions.
- Low startup speed of 7mph
- Carbon fiber blades ensure low noise, little disturbance and maximum performance
- High-quality powder-coating for marine protection and durability
- Industrial-strength aluminum body rated for wind speeds up to 110mph
- Includes external MPPT Controller with LCD output power display
- Requires 1 1/2" Schedule 40 pipe (actual OD 1.875" - 48mm), sold separately
- Maximum output: 400 Watts at 28mph wind speed
- Minimum wind speed: 7mph
- Survival wind speed: 110mph
- Output voltage: 12V
- Blade span: 46"
- Number of blades: Three
- Blade material: Carbon fiber
- Body material: Diecast aluminum
- Weight: 12.3lb.
- Overspeed protection: Regenerative electromagnetic brake system
- Warranty: Two years
What's in the Box
- Screws (6)
- Nut-Jam-SAE 5/8-18
- Blades (3)
- Hub Nylocks 6-32 (3)
- Socket Head screws (3)
- Face Assembly
- Body Assembly
- Snap Ring
- Yaw Shaft Assembly
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.