Iridium IX Spark Plug XR4IX
NGK Spark Plugs are designed for improved ignitability and throttle response.
The advanced design of Iridium IX Spark Plugs features a 0.6 mm Iridium center electrode tip for superior ignitability without sacrificing durability. They also operate over a wide heat range which suits them to high-performance environments.
- Fine wire center electrode provides a consistently stable spark and high durability
- Iridium alloy offers an extremely high melting point for high performance engines
- Trivalent metal plating provides superior anti-corrosion and anti-seizing properties
- Corrugated ribs prevent flashover
- Pure alumina silicate ceramic insulator provides superior strength and better heat transfer
- Copper core aids in heat removal
- Triple seals prevent leakage
- Electrode Material: Iridium and platinum
- Core Material: Copper
To ensure optimum performance please consult your owner's manual to determine the correct spark plug for your engine.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.