Standard Spark Plug BM4A Solid
Built for longer life and optimum performance, NGK Standard Spark Plugs feature trivalent metal plating that delivers superior anti-corrosion and anti-seizing properties.
Corrugated ribs prevent flashover for improved firing while the pure alumina silicate ceramic insulator improves strength and heat transfer. The copper core aids in heat removal and triple sealed gaskets prevent leakage.
Some of these spark plugs contain a resistor, which reduces Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) or electrical “noise” that can cause interference with the operation of radios, electronic components, fuel injections systems, depth finders and other sensitive electronic equipment. Please refer to the NGK style number on your old spark plug or owner's manual if you need a resistor type plug.
- Trivalent metal plating provides superior anti-corrosion and anti-seizing properties
- Corrugated ribs prevent flashover
- Pure alumina silicate ceramic insulator provides superior strength and better heat transfer
- Copper core aids in heat removal
- Triple seal prevents leakage
- Electrode Material: Nickel alloy
- Core Material: Copper
To ensure optimum performance please consult your owner's manual to determine the correct spark plug for your engine.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.