THE NOCO COMPANY–8D Battery Box
8D Battery Box
|Dimensions||15" Width x 13" Height x24 1/2" Length|
Add industrial strength protection to your batteries and your boat with a NOCO battery box
When extra protection is required for your batteries, look to NOCO commercial grade battery boxes to do the job. The double wall construction of these rotationally molded UV resistant plastic boxes offers superior strength and durability. Large bolt down slots in each corner allow you to secure the box with up to a ¼" bolt.
Because DC electrical shorts are one of the primary causes of onboard fires, installing a battery box with a cover is critically important for safety. For example, if you drop a crescent wrench across the terminals of an uninsulated marine battery, a massive short will result that could cause a serious electrical fire. Having a secure cove adds greatly to the safety. NOCO secures the top using two lock-down knobs with rubber gaskets. This box is well vented to allow battery gases to escape and molded cable entry holes in the sides provide easy routing battery cables up to 4/0.
Due to the corrosive nature of the sulfuric acid used in marine batteries, it is important to protect the surrounding metals and fasteners from exposure. This is especially true for aluminum boats. A generous acid reservoir is molded into the bottom of NOCO battery boxes to contain any accidental spills and protect your boat and its components. Designed to limit battery movement to 1 inch in any direction, these battery boxes are compliant with USCG and ABYC guidelines.
- UV and impact resistant rotationally molded plastic
- Double wall construction
- Designed for 8D batteries
- Secures with ¼"bolts (not included) at each corner
- Cover is locked in place with two threaded lock-down knobs
- Secure cover prevents dangerous across-terminal electrical shorts
- Vented to allow discharge of hydrogen gas
- Molded cable entry holes large enough for 4/0 battery cable
- They meet ABYC Standard E-10 and U.S. Coast Guard Specification Number 183.420 as an OEM-installed battery hold-down system.
- Made in USA
- Inside Dimensions: 21"L x 11 13/16"W x 10 5/16"H
- External Dimensions: 24"L x 14 11/16"W x 12 5/16”H
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.