OCEAN KAYAK–13'4" Malibu Two XL Tandem Plus Kayak
Truck Freight Information
Truck Freight is used to ship items that exceed standard shipping limitations on weight and/or size. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
13'4" Malibu Two XL Tandem Plus Kayak
|Hull Construction||Roto Molded|
|Length||13 Feet 4 Inches|
Padded Seat and Backrest
Adjustable Foot Braces
|Warranty Details||Lifetime Hull and Deck|
At just over 13 feet with a 500-pound capacity, this tandem kayak is ideal for larger paddlers.
Ocean Kayak's Malibu Two XL Tandem Plus Kayak offers no less than six seating options:
- One adult in the center seat
- One adult in the center seat and one small child in the front
- One adult in the center seat and one pet in the front
- One adult in the back and one adult in the front
- One adult in the back, one small child in the center and one adult in the front
- One adult in the back, one pet in the center and one adult in the front
The original Tri-Form hull design provides stability, straight tracking and maneuverability for:
- Flat water
- Swift water
- Rough water
The large, open cockpit offers:
- Two Comfort Plus™ seat backs with convenient overlapping foot wells
- Ability to carry a combined weight of people and gear from 450 to 500 pounds
- Easy portage with the fore, aft and side-mounted carry handles
- A stable ride with its 34 inch width
- Paddle keepers with comfortable pull tabs
- Gear storage with tank wells and bungee cords at bow and stern
The Malibu Two XL Tandem Plus Kayak's single-layer, high-density polyethylene (HDPE) hull is virtually indestructible under normal use. Somewhat flexible, the hull gives on impact so it won't crack, but remains stiff using compound curves so it performs in any condition. It's also very abrasion-resistant, but can be repaired in the event a scratch or gouge occurs. There's also an included skid plate for extra durability when launching or beaching your kayak.
Comfort & Convenience
In addition to its three molded-in seat wells, the Malibu Two XL has two Comfort Plus™ adjustable padded seats and backrests made from durable, UV-resistant nylon pack cloth with reinforced stays and solid brass clips with stainless steel springs that easily clip on the hull. The seats even have reflective logos that illuminate in the dark after exposure to sunlight. Toggle carry handles are provided at the bow and stern and side mounted handles at the balance point at either side of the cockpit make it easier to lift the kayak. Four self-draining scupper holes allow any water that makes its way over the side to drain from the cockpit without the need for bailing. Bungee cords provide secure gear storage.
Everything you need to experience fun days on the water is included except life jackets, paddles and sunscreen (sold separately).
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.