13'4" Malibu Two XL Tandem Plus Kayak
At just over 13 feet with a 500-pound capacity, this tandem kayak is ideal for larger paddlers.
Ocean Kayak's Malibu Two XL Tandem Plus Kayak offers no less than six seating options:
- One adult in the center seat
- One adult in the center seat and one small child in the front
- One adult in the center seat and one pet in the front
- One adult in the back and one adult in the front
- One adult in the back, one small child in the center and one adult in the front
- One adult in the back, one pet in the center and one adult in the front
The original Tri-Form hull design provides stability, straight tracking and maneuverability for:
- Flat water
- Swift water
- Rough water
The large, open cockpit offers:
- Two Comfort Plus™ seat backs with convenient overlapping foot wells
- Ability to carry a combined weight of people and gear from 450 to 500 pounds
- Easy portage with the fore, aft and side-mounted carry handles
- A stable ride with its 34 inch width
- Paddle keepers with comfortable pull tabs
- Gear storage with tank wells and bungee cords at bow and stern
The Malibu Two XL Tandem Plus Kayak's single-layer, high-density polyethylene (HDPE) hull is virtually indestructible under normal use. Somewhat flexible, the hull gives on impact so it won't crack, but remains stiff using compound curves so it performs in any condition. It's also very abrasion-resistant, but can be repaired in the event a scratch or gouge occurs. There's also an included skid plate for extra durability when launching or beaching your kayak.
Comfort & Convenience
In addition to its three molded-in seat wells, the Malibu Two XL has two Comfort Plus™ adjustable padded seats and backrests made from durable, UV-resistant nylon pack cloth with reinforced stays and solid brass clips with stainless steel springs that easily clip on the hull. The seats even have reflective logos that illuminate in the dark after exposure to sunlight. Toggle carry handles are provided at the bow and stern and side mounted handles at the balance point at either side of the cockpit make it easier to lift the kayak. Four self-draining scupper holes allow any water that makes its way over the side to drain from the cockpit without the need for bailing. Bungee cords provide secure gear storage.
Everything you need to experience fun days on the water is included except life jackets, paddles and sunscreen (sold separately).
13'4" Malibu Two XL Tandem Plus Kayak
|Hull Construction||Roto Molded|
Padded Seat and Backrest
Adjustable Foot Braces
|Warranty Details||Lifetime Hull and Deck|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers; computer software, electronics charts, and carry-on air conditioners. For electronics we will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Estimated delivery is 3 – 7 business days and only applicable on deliveries within the contiguous United States. Signature Required for receipt of shipment.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464)