RescueME MOB1 AIS/DSC Personal Locator Beacon
If one of your crew goes overboard, RescueME MOB1 improves their chance of rescue, combining AIS, an integrated GPS for pinpoint accuracy, and the DSC system of your VHF radio.
MOB1 is a new type of Personal Locator Beacon, using both the AIS system and VHF radios with modern Digital Selective Calling. Attach it to the oral inflation tube of your inflatable life jacket, and if you fall overboard, it will automatically activate when the life jacket inflates (and can also be activated manually).
Get rescued by your own boat: If you fall overboard, your best chance of being rescued comes from your own boat, but for this to happen, your crew needs to be immediately aware of the incident and keep track of your position while the recovery is being carried out. Yet even in moderate seas, it is alarming how fast your crew can lose sight of a person in the water.
RescueME MOB1 offers two ways to communicate
In an emergency, rescueME MOB1 provides two methods of rapidly communicating your position, accurate to a few meters, and also provides a visual ID with its high intensity white LED strobe light.
- MOB Alert sent to AIS-equipped vessels: Once activated, your MOB1 will transmit an MOB Status alert, and send Position Alerts eight times per minute to all AIS enabled vessels in the vicinity. The integrated GPS ensures precise location is sent to your vessel and any others that may be assisting.
- All Ships DSC Distress Call: MOB1, unlike any other personal AIS Beacon, also provides a second way to assure your rescue, using DSC-equipped VHF radios of any vessels within line-of-sight range. You can manually send an All Ships DSC distress call by pushing a button on the device, in case your own vessel is unable to hear your transmission or respond.
- Integrated DSC transmitter (Digital Selective Calling functionality varies by country)
- Integrated high-intensity strobe light ensures maximum visibility in low light conditions
- 30% (typically) smaller than competitors
- MOB1 is intended to be installed within your life jacket and will activate automatically on inflation, sending the first alert within 15 seconds
- MOB1 communicates with the vessel you have been separated from and other vessels in the vicinity (up to five miles range, depending on conditions)
- Seven year battery life
- MOB1 activates the DSC alarm on your vessel's VHF radio, alerting your crew to the situation
- 24+ hours operational life
- Five year warranty (two years in commercial applications)
- Once activated, your MOB1 will transmit an alert to all AIS receivers and AIS enabled plotters in the vicinity
- Integrated GPS ensures precise location is sent to your vessel and any others that may be assisting
- Antenna: Sprung whip
- Range: Up to five nautical miles
- Transmit Power: 1W AIS transmit power, 0.5W DSC
- AIS Transmission: Message 1 (Position, repeated 8 times per minute), Message 14 (MOB status, repeated twice every 4 minutes)
- DSC Transmission: Individual Distress Relay (Single call made on press of the activation button, in regions where it is allowed, such as the US), All Ships Distress Alert Message (Repeated once every 5 minutes)
- Frequencies: AIS: 161.975/162.025MHz, DSC: 156.525MHz
- Compatibility: Most modern AIS plotters and DSC VHF radios comply with the standards required to receive MOB transmissions. It is recommended that you check compatibility with the equipment manufacturer, especially if you are using older equipment.
- Battery: Lithium-ion (included)
- Battery Life: 24hr. continuous use / Seven-year battery storage life
RescueME MOB1 AIS/DSC Personal Locator Beacon
|Battery Life||24 Hours|
|Battery Storage Life||7 Years|
|Dimensions||1.5" Width x 5.3" Height x 1" Depth|
|Minimum Requirements||MMSI Registration|
|Warranty Details||Five Years|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
Free Standard Shipping is only applicable on orders over $49.00 and within the 48 contiguous United States. Free shipping does not apply to Truck Freight.
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 260 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 8 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers; computer software, electronics charts, and carry-on air conditioners. For electronics we will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Estimated delivery is 3 – 7 business days and only applicable on deliveries within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees may apply. Signature Required for receipt of shipment.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464)