rescueME PLB1 Personal Locator Beacon
Hazard Shipping Information
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees may apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
With its ultra-compact 2" x 3" x 1 5/16" size, there's no excuse to not have this PLB with you in an emergency!
Whether your adventures take you near or far, by sea or by land, you can rest assured that your rescueME PLB1 will summon global emergency services to your location for prompt search and rescue with the press of a button.
Easy to use
The rescueME PLB1 can be operated with a single hand in most challenging situations. A simple spring loaded flap covers the activation button preventing inadvertent use. The PLB1 has a seven-year battery life and comes with a seven-year warranty. This ultra-compact PLB—only 3" tall—can be easily stashed in your life jacket or kept on your belt.
What does it do?
When activated, the rescueME PLB1 transmits your position and your ID to a Rescue Coordination Center via satellite link. Rescue services nearest to you are promptly notified of your emergency and regularly advised of your current location to assist in quickly rescuing you.
Three alert methods
In an emergency the PLB1 provides three methods of communicating your location:
- Transmitting 406 MHz via satelite to Emergency Services
- Transmitting 121.5 MHz Homing Beacon to aid location by Search and Rescue
- High intensity strobe light
No subscription charges
The rescueME PLB1 works with the only officially recognized worldwide dedicated search and rescue satellite network (operated by Cospas Sarsat). As this is funded by governments there are no charges to use this service.
- 30% smaller (typically) by volume
- Easily fits in life jacket or ditch bag
- Easily deployed, retractable antenna
- 7-year battery life
- 7-year warranty
- 24+ hour operational life
- High brightness strobe light >1 candela
- 66-channel GPS receiver
- Waterproof to 15m (approx. 50')
- Unique mounting clip
- Operates on the global Cospas Sarsat rescue system
- Free to use, no subscription charges
- Flotation pouch included
- Classification: Personal Locator Beacon
- Activation Method: Manual
- Antenna: Retractable
- Transmit Power: 5W
- Frequencies: 406MHz/121.5MHz homing
- Battery: Lithium
- Battery Life: Seven years storage/24 hours operation
- GPS: 66-channel receiver
- Strobe: Yes
- Dimensions: 2"W x 3"H x 1 5/16"D
- Weight: 6.6oz.
- Warranty: Seven years
rescueME PLB1 Personal Locator Beacon
|Battery Life||24+ Hours|
|Battery Storage Life||7 Years|
|Dimensions||2" Width x 3" Height x 1.28" Depth|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on Orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned. This includes: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers, computer software and electronics charts. Other non-returnable items include carry-on air conditioners, generators and select electronics. We will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair on product that cannot be returned to West Marine. Items containing hazardous material may only be returned to a West Marine store.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464).