6'6" Custom Black Series Offshore Conventional Combo, Size 20 Reel
|Ball Bearings||5+2 Thrust|
|Best Use||Pelagic Species|
|Drag Style||Lever Drag|
|Length||6 Feet 6 Inches|
|Line Speed||32 Inches|
|Number of Sections||1 Section|
|Maximum Test - Mono||40 Pounds|
|Warranty Details||One Year|
Great for jigging, trolling or bottom fishing, this combo is a dependable choice for demanding offshore fishing excursions.
Designed to stand up to the stress and high loads of offshore fishing, this balanced combo pairs a strong 6 1/2 foot e-glass rod with a size 20 lever drag reel rated for 20-40 pound test line. Along with strength, the rod is designed for all-day fishing comfort, with comfortable EVA foam grips. Rod features also include strong, corrosion-resistant, double-footed stainless steel guides with aluminum oxide inserts to minimize line wear. The rod butt is capped with a nonmarking, nonskid gimbal, which eliminates slippage along with the worry of marking your fiberglass gunnel or deck.
The reel features OKUMA's lever drag system which gives you the ability to customize and preset the carbon fiber drag for up to 33 pounds of resistance. Stainless steel internal gears offer corrosion resistance along with durability and plenty of torque. The 3.5:1 gear ratio gives you plenty of pulling power—and with a fully loaded spool, you get a fast 32 inch line retrieve with every turn of the handle. Capacity is 400 yards of 40 pound test monofilament—and a lot more if you choose braid. Reel ball bearings are durable, corrosion resistant stainless steel—but more importantly, the design includes two thrust bearings, which absorb side load pressure for easier cranking under heavy drag settings. Reel durability is further enhanced by stainless steel "body armor", which when fishing with a harness protects the graphite frame against pinching under heavy loads.
Rod Key Features
- Strong e-glass construction
- Rated for 20-40 pound test line
- Comfortable EVA foam grips
- Corrosion-resistant, strong, double-footed stainless steel guides
- Nonmarking, nonskid rod butt gimbal
Reel Key Features
- Okuma Solterra SLX-20a reel
- Lever drag can be preset
- Drag adjustable for up to 33 pounds resistance
- Corrosion resistant stainless steel gears
- 3.5:1 gear ratio for plenty of cranking power
- 400 yard spool capacity of 40 pound test monofilament
- Durable stainless steel ball bearings
- Thrust bearings absorb side loads for easier cranking under heavy loads
- "Body armor" protects graphite frame against pinching (when fishing with a harness)
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.