7' Sarasota Casting Combo with SLX Reel
|Best Use||Pelagic Species|
|Drag Style||Lever Drag|
|Number of Sections||1 Section|
|Maximum Test - Mono||25 Pounds|
|Maximum Test - Braided||25 Pounds|
|Warranty Details||One Year|
With a fierce look and updated technology, anglers will love this perfectly matched SLX and Sarasota Casting Combo.
Updated and expertly engineered, this casting combo from Okuma delivers with its dynamic performance and polished moves. The new and improved SLX lever drag reel features line indicator rings, letting you know where you’re at while reeling in the big one and where to adjust your drag. Additionally, oversized stainless steel gears offer smooth action while the carbon drag washers with Cal’s universal drag grease dissipate heat. Two thrust bearings have been added virtually eliminating handle binding by 50 percent, prolonging the life of your reel.
Matched with the Sarasota Rod, this combo is as tough as it gets. With features such as a durable, e-glass blank with a glass fiber outer wrap for increased hoop strength and double-footed, stainless steel guide frames with polished titanium oxide guide inserts; this brawny combo can take on anything.
- Stainless steel main gears, pinion gears, shafts, and reinforced side plate rings for superior strength
- Durable, graphite spools, frame, and sideplates for corrosion resistance
- High speed open top frame
- Forged aluminum spool with line indicator rings so you know where to adjust your drag
- Carbonite drag system with Cal’s universal drag grease to dissipate heat
- 2 thrust bearings reduce handle turning force be over 50%
- 5BB+2TB+RB stainless steel shielded bearings
- Double dog, silent anti-reverse and dual anti-reverse
- Ratcheting drag lever for precise drag setting
- Ergo Grip for a comfortable handle
- Low profile On/Off clicker with stainless steel wishbone
Reel Technical Specifications
- Line Retrieve: 42" per crank
- Gear Ratio: 6.0:1
- Max Drag: 15-22lb.
- Ball Bearings: 5BB+2TB+1RB
- Weight: 23.3oz.
- 15 Pounds/460 Yards
- 20 Pounds/380 Yards
- 25 Pounds/280 Yards
- Durable E-glass blank construction
- Glass fiber outer wrap increases hoop strength
- Double footed stainless steel guide frames
- Polished titanium oxide guide inserts
- Stainless steel hooded reel seats
- Graphite gimbals
- Custom epoxy wrapped foregrip transition cone
Rod Technical Specifications
- Length: 7’
- Number of Pieces: 1
- Guide Type: Titanium oxide
- Guides Including Tip: 10
- Action: Medium Fast
- Power: Medium
- Line Weight: 20-40lbs.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.