OKUMA–Andros A-5NIIA Two-Speed Lever Drag Conventional Reel
Andros A-5NIIA Two-Speed Lever Drag Conventional Reel
|Best Use||Pelagic Species|
|Drag Style||Lever Drag|
|Features||Carbonite Dual Force Drag with Ratchet drag lever|
|Gear Ratios||6.4:1 High & 3.8:1 Low|
|Line Speed||42.1 Inches High & 24.8 Inches Low|
|Maximum Test - Mono||
12 Pounds/420 Yards
15 Pounds/300 Yards
20 Pounds/250 Yards
|Maximum Test - Braided||
40 Pounds/425 Yards
50 Pounds/350 Yards
|Warranty Details||Three Years|
The Okuma Andros was born from a total commitment to maximizing the fishing experience within applications defined by 15- to 40-pound line. Anticipating the use of braided lines, every aspect of Andros' two-speed design has been optimized to deliver capability commonly reserved for reels twice its' size: from drag power to line capacity, from greased Carbonite drag, to Andros' minimal frame rise above the spool. The payoff? Fitting in the palm of your hand, Andros eliminates the bulk that deadens the connection between angler and fish. You're more agile. You feel everything. You experience more of every encounter. Paired with an Andros Jigging rod, the Andros two-speed turns heads both above and below the water's surface with forward-thinking design and exhilarating power.
- Two speed lever drag
- 6.4:1 & 3.8:1 Gear Ratio
- 14.8 oz.
- External adjustable cast control system
- Ratchet drag lever for precise drag settings
- Ergo grip handle knob with anodized aluminum handle arm
- One screw right sideplate take down for easy internal access
- 17-4 grade stainless steel helical cut gearing
- Maximum drag at Full with complete freespool is 24 lbs.
- Maximum drag at Strike with complete freespool is 15 lbs.
- Carbonite drag system with Cal's drag grease
- Integrated recessed reel foot design for low profile rod fit
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.