ORION–12-Gauge High-Performance Red Meteor Flares
12-Gauge High-Performance Red Meteor Flares
|Alert / Locate||Alert|
|Burn Time||7 Seconds|
Rises to a height of up to 500' and burns for up to seven seconds at 16,000 candela.
Using aerial signals: Aerial flares should be fired after sighting or hearing a potential rescue vessel. To attract attention to your distress situation, the U.S. Coast Guard recommends that you fire two aerial flares--one immediately after the other--so rescuers can confirm the sighting and the direction of the signal.
These flares replace all previous Orion 12-gauge signals with improved performance. They will fit any 12-gauge launcher manufactured since 1981. Four-pack.
- Signal Type: 12-gauge aerial flare
- Light Output: 16,000 candela
- Burn Time: Up to seven seconds
- Average Altitude: Up to 500'
- Deployment Method: 12-gauge launcher
- Type Approval: USCG Day/Night
- Replacement Interval: 42 months from manufacture date
- How Sold: Four pack
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.