12' Beach LT Sit-Inside Folding Kayak
|Material||5mm Double-layered custom-extruded polypropylene|
Padded Seat and Backrest
Adjustable Foot Braces
|Warranty Details||One Year|
ORU KAYAK 12' Beach LT Sit-Inside Folding Kayak
The Beach uses origami to unfold from a compact box, into a high-performance kayak. Unfolding only takes a few minutes- no pumps, tools or roof racks required. In the water it’s sturdy, durable, agile and fast- it paddles like a molded hardshell kayak, minus half the weight.
Fabric/Material Content AND Construction:
Durability - Oru Kayaks are made from a custom polypropylene, with a 10 year UV treatment, and a 20,000 fold cycle rating! While the hull is designed to take a beating, we suggest you treat your kayak like a fiberglass boat. Oru Kayaks come with a limited 12-month warranty.
- Made of double-layered, custom-extruded polypropylene
- Lightweight and extraordinarily strong
- Manufacturer-rated for 20,000 fold cycles
- 10-year UV treatment
- Withstands sliding over rocks or bumping into obstacles under the water
Performance - Oru Kayaks use origami to deliver incredible tracking and stability— the hull folds create hard chines and a long keel line. The lightweight materials make handling easy and responsive. Oru Kayaks have been extensively tested in many environments - lakes, rivers, bays, and oceans.
- 26lbs., making it less than half the weight of a traditional kayak
- 300 lb weight capacity, allowing room for 1 adult + a pet or small child
- 28" width for increased stability and comfort
- Wide cockpit for easy entry and exit
Portability - No garage, SUV or roof racks required. Stash it in a trunk. Check it on a plane. Store it behind your couch. Hike it into remote waters. The Beach makes kayaking simple, easy, and accessible–so you can spend more time doing what you love.
- Folds up into the size of a large suitcase
- Stash it anywhere: your trunk, closet, boat, garage, van, even under your bed
- With practice, unfolds in under 5 minutes
- Standard accessories fit into the folded up boat
- Check it on a plane or hike it into remote waters with the Oru Pack
- Weight: 26 lbs
- Length: 12’ (feet)
- Width: 28”
- Kayak Box: 33" x 12" x 29"
- Shipping Box: 35" x 15" x 31"
- Max Load: 300 pounds
- Storage: 140 liters
- Max Paddler Height: 6'6"
- Cockpit size: 23.5” wide
We recommend treating your Oru Kayak as you would a fiberglass, wood, or skin-on-frame kayak. Here are some guidelines:
- Avoid unnecessary dragging or bumping - use the carry handles to lift, instead of tugging it behind you
- Store out of direct sunlight - our boats have a 10-year UV treatment, but we still recommend sheltered storage
- Rinse the kayak thoroughly with fresh water after each use - sediment and salt that dry to the surface of the boat can be abrasive over time
Oru kayaks are designed to be easily repairable if anything should wear out over time. Their repairs team is happy to help! Just shoot them an email to: email@example.com with a brief description of your issue, a photo, and your Hull Identification Number to get the ball rolling.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.