PENN–International® 20VISX 2-Speed Conventional Reel, Gold
International® 20VISX 2-Speed Conventional Reel, Gold
|Maximum Test - Mono||
490 Yards/40 Pounds
365 Yards/50 Pounds
325 Yards/60 Pounds
|Maximum Test - Braided||
750 Yards/100 Pounds
625 Yards/130 Pounds
460 Yards/200 Pounds
|Warranty Details||One Year|
|Drag Style||Lever Drag|
|Gear Ratios||4.1:1 High & 1.4:1 Low|
|Ball Type||5 Stainless Steel Ball Bearings|
|Line Speed||41 Inches High & 14 Inches Low|
|Drag||50 Pounds / 22.6kg|
Penn International VIS-series reels offer the performance you need to land big, powerful fish.
Since 1932, Penn Reels have cranked in over 1,400 IGFA world records. The reason for this outstanding success is that every Penn Reel embodies a tradition of quality and innovation that has made Penn Reels the go-to choice of anglers around the world.
Tournament anglers know that along with the right technique, persistence and yes, a bit of luck, landing that record-setting fish requires a reel they can trust—which is why so many pros choose reels from Penn's International VIS series—like the International 20VISX, 2-Speed, Lever Drag reel pictured here. The "X" denotes an open frame, with no crosspiece. This comes in handy for thumbing the spool while free-lining bait. Like all the reels in the VIS series, construction features a rugged frame machined from high-strength, lightweight, aircraft-grade aluminum, brawny stainless steel gear train and smooth Dura-Drag system. Provided you're up to the task, you can count on this reel to bring the big brutes to heel and maybe even set a record yourself.
- Machined and anodized aluminum frame and side plates offer strength and corrosion resistance
- Stainless steel main and pinion gears are strong and corrosion resistant
- Quick-Shift II™ 2-speed system enables quick and easy gear shifting, without having to remove your hands from the crank
- Dura-Drag™ system virtually eliminates hesitation, even under heavy drag settings
- Double-Dog Ratchet Anti-Reverse eliminates back-play in the handle and is twice as strong as a typical single dog system
- Six corrosion-resistant stainless steel ball bearings assure smooth operation under heavy loads
- Powerful 100 pound drag tires the largest of fish
- Versa-Strike Adjustable Strike Stop enables you to customize the strike position to provide more adjustment between strike and full position. Adjustment can be made for fishing different types of line, or tournament settings
- Line capacity rings indicate how much line is left on the spool
- Made in the U.S.A. of domestic and imported components
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.