Tribe 9.5 Sit-On-Top Kayak
This item is no longer available.
A kayak that's sized just right for smaller paddlers!
Small in size, but big on performance, Perception's Tribe 9.5 Solo Kayak is fun in light surf, and it's fast and maneuverable on flat water and lazy rivers as well.
With a load capacity of 300 pounds (including you and your gear), you'll find plenty of excuses to carry everything you need to stay out all day. At only 9'5" long and a light 46 pounds, this little kayak is easy to carry and load on top of your car or toss in the back of a pickup.
Built for the tracking and stability experienced kayakers expect, this Tribe is the perfect size for smaller adult paddlers or children. And if this is your first kayak, you'll find the learning curve to be quite short.
- Comfort Seating System (CSS)
- High Back sit-on-top seat
- Molded-in foot wells
- 6" deck plate with Catbag
- Tankwell with bungee
- Molded-in side handles
- Soft touch handles
- Skid plate
- Hatch centerpoint marked
- Self-bailing scupper holes
- Hull Design: Perception's custom, high-grade polyethylene plastic and distinct rotational molding process provides exceptional strength and durability. With its seamless, one-piece construction, the Tribe is highly UV-, abrasion- and impact-resistant for years of trouble-free performance. The thickness is varied throughout the hull for extra strength when needed, but without additional weight. This kayak is easily repaired, recyclable and manufactured with less waste than conventional roto-molding. A replaceable skid plate was even added in the stern for extra durability in this high-wear area. Whether you have a kayak rental fleet or just own several, the Tribe is also stackable for convenient storage.
- Comfort: The Comfort Seating System (CSS) includes a removable, adjustable, high-back padded seat for all-day paddling support. Molded-in footwells give plenty of choices for adjusting your position throughout the day. You'll also find soft touch carry handles at the bow and stern and molded-in side handles for carrying your kayak down to the launch site or portaging around low water sections.
- Storage: The small bow tankwell and larger, recessed stern tankwell with scupper holes both feature bungee cords to help secure gear on deck out of the way. In front of the seat there's a 6" diameter deck plate with a cat bag (a strange-sounding name for a bag that just holds your stuff so it doesn't roll around inside the hull). A molded-in bottle holder is also within reach. You'll find scupper holes located near your feet so water that makes its way into the cockpit can easily drain back out.
If you don't already own them, you'll want to order a kayak paddle and a life jacket (both sold separately) so you'll be ready to splash your kayak right away!
- Roto-molded polyethylene
- 31 1/4" width
- 9'5" length
- 46 pounds
- 53" cockpit length
- 20 1/2" cockpit width
Tribe 9.5 Sit-On-Top Kayak
|Hull Construction||Roto Molded|
|Seat Type||Padded Seating with Adjustable High Back|
|Warranty Details||Three Years (With Product Registration)|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned. This includes: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers, computer software and electronics charts. Other non-returnable items include carry-on air conditioners, generators and select electronics. We will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair on product that cannot be returned to West Marine. Items containing hazardous material may only be returned to a West Marine store.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464).
WEST MARINE210-240cm Adjustable Carbon Fiber Kayak Paddle
20% Off - Ends 03/31/19
WEST MARINE200-230cm Adjustable Fiberglass Kayak Paddle
20% Off - Ends 03/31/19
WEST MARINEUniversal Paddle Life Jacket, Adult 30"-52" Chest, Red
25% Off - Ends 03/31/19
C-TUGKayak and Canoe Cart