PERCEPTION–Tribe 9.5 Sit-On-Top Kayak, Sunset
Truck Freight Information
Truck Freight is used to ship items that exceed standard shipping limitations on weight and/or size. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
Tribe 9.5 Sit-On-Top Kayak, Sunset
|Hull Construction||Roto Molded|
|Seat Type||Padded Seating with Adjustable High Back|
|Warranty Details||Three Years (With Product Registration)|
A kayak that's sized just right for smaller paddlers!
Small in size, but big on performance, Perception's Tribe 9.5 Solo Kayak is fun in light surf, and it's fast and maneuverable on flat water and lazy rivers as well.
With a load capacity of 300 pounds (including you and your gear), you'll find plenty of excuses to carry everything you need to stay out all day. At only 9'5" long and a light 46 pounds, this little kayak is easy to carry and load on top of your car or toss in the back of a pickup.
Built for the tracking and stability experienced kayakers expect, this Tribe is the perfect size for smaller adult paddlers or children. And if this is your first kayak, you'll find the learning curve to be quite short.
- Comfort Seating System (CSS)
- High Back sit-on-top seat
- Molded-in foot wells
- 6" deck plate with Catbag
- Tankwell with bungee
- Molded-in side handles
- Soft touch handles
- Skid plate
- Hatch centerpoint marked
- Self-bailing scupper holes
- Hull Design: Perception's custom, high-grade polyethylene plastic and distinct rotational molding process provides exceptional strength and durability. With its seamless, one-piece construction, the Tribe is highly UV-, abrasion- and impact-resistant for years of trouble-free performance. The thickness is varied throughout the hull for extra strength when needed, but without additional weight. This kayak is easily repaired, recyclable and manufactured with less waste than conventional roto-molding. A replaceable skid plate was even added in the stern for extra durability in this high-wear area. Whether you have a kayak rental fleet or just own several, the Tribe is also stackable for convenient storage.
- Comfort: The Comfort Seating System (CSS) includes a removable, adjustable, high-back padded seat for all-day paddling support. Molded-in footwells give plenty of choices for adjusting your position throughout the day. You'll also find soft touch carry handles at the bow and stern and molded-in side handles for carrying your kayak down to the launch site or portaging around low water sections.
- Storage: The small bow tankwell and larger, recessed stern tankwell with scupper holes both feature bungee cords to help secure gear on deck out of the way. In front of the seat there's a 6" diameter deck plate with a cat bag (a strange-sounding name for a bag that just holds your stuff so it doesn't roll around inside the hull). A molded-in bottle holder is also within reach. You'll find scupper holes located near your feet so water that makes its way into the cockpit can easily drain back out.
If you don't already own them, you'll want to order a kayak paddle and a life jacket (both sold separately) so you'll be ready to splash your kayak right away!
- Roto-molded polyethylene
- 31 1/4" width
- 9'5" length
- 46 pounds
- 53" cockpit length
- 20 1/2" cockpit width
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.