PERKO–Fuel Tank Vents
A compact chrome plated bonze tank vents for normal or space limited installations.
Tank vents are important to maintaining proper fuel (or water) flow during use and while filling. They help prevent fuel spills caused blow-back while filling the tank and they prevent vacuum build up during use that can disrupt fuel delivery. Perko designed these streamlined vents to provide the needed air flow to maintain proper function of the fuel tank.
These chrome plated bronze fittings are widely used by boat builders and feature a removable 30 mesh stainless steel flame arrestor screen (for gasoline applications). A wide flange locking nut on the straight model increases bedding surface and secures the vent to the hull. The 90° version utilizes the elbow to tighten the vent to the hull and provides an excellent bedding surface as well. The straight vent is great for applications with plenty of space for the vent hose to run directly to the vent. The 90° model allows for installation in confined locations or where the vent hose runs along the hull.
- Chrome plated bronze construction resists corrosion
- Removable 30 mesh stainless steel flame arresting screens satisfies requirements for gasoline tank applications and can be cleaned to restore maximum air flow
- Widely used by boat builders and is a direct OEM replacement for many applications
- Straight model includes wide flanged lock nut that increases bedding surface and distributes possible loads
- 90° model features an elbow to direct vent hose along hull
- Both vents will require additional fittings to make hose connections (sold separately)
|Model Number||Threads||Max Hull Thickness||Angle||MFG p/n|
|256479||3/8" Male Straight||5/8"||Straight||0503DP3CHR|
|256487||3/8" Female NPT||7/8"||90°||0515DP3CHR|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.