PETTIT PAINT–EZ Wood Sealer
Hazard Shipping Information
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees may apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
|Coverage||125 Square Feet/Quart|
|Cure Time||To Recoat 4 Hours; To Tack Free: 2 Hours|
|Type||Phenolic Resin/Tung Oil Based Sealer|
Seal all types of raw wood prior to painting and varnishing.
Used to seal bare wood prior to painting and varnishing, EZ Wood Sealer 2018 acts as a moisture barrier to prevent peeling and excessive absorption of topside primers, paints and varnishes. Uniformly seals and satisfies the absorbency of all woods including teak and mahogany. Can be used under all Pettit, Z-Spar and Shipendec topside primers, varnishes and paints.
- Seals open wood grain providing a more uniform finish
- For all woods including teak, mahogany, oak, ash, fir, and plywood
- Prevents excessive vehicle absorption from primers, paints, or varnishes
- Excellent penetration into raw wood for improved stability and moisture resistance
- Recommended Usage: Sealer for all types of wood prior to painting or varnishing
- Formulation: Phenolic resin/tung oil based sealer
- Application Methods: Brush, airless or conventional spray
- Number of Coats Recommended: 1-2 Drying Time: Tack free: 2hrs.; To recoat 4hrs. @ 75°F
- Color: Clear amber
- Coverage: 500sq.ft./gal.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.