Hi-Build Varnish, Quart
|Best Use||Exterior; Above Water|
|Coverage||112 Square Feet/Quart|
|Cure time||To Overcoat: 16-20 Hours; To Touch: 3-4 Hours|
|Recommended Number of Coats||Bare Wood: 4 to 6; Previous Varnish: 2 to 3|
Pettit High Build Varnish is a good varnish for building up multiple coats quickly.
High Build Varnish 2056 is a high performance varnish designed to be built up to many coats for a deep, rich, mirror-like finish. The phenolic resin combined with tung and linseed oils increases the depth of gloss with each coat. Hi-Build Varnish contains an ultraviolet light filter which works along with a hindered amine light stabilizer to screen the sun’s damaging rays for longer life.
- Formulated for fast buildup of coats
- UV inhibitors protect against the sun
- Phenolic resin combined with tung and linseed oils increase depth of gloss
- Recommended Usage: Exterior; above water
- Formulation: Traditional alkyd, 48% solids (Vol.)
- Additives: UV inhibitors
- Application Methods: Brush or spray
- Drying Time: To touch: 3-4hrs.; To overcoat: 16-20hrs.
- Number of Coats Recommended: Bare wood: 4-6; Previous varnish: 2-3
- Color: Clear amber
- Finish: Gloss
- Coverage: 112sq.ft./qt.
- Brush: 120, Model 249961; Spray: 121, Model 249995
For detailed application instructions, see the 2056 Hi-Build Exterior Varnish Data Sheet. NOTE: Manufacturer data sheets are subject to revision. Linked data sheets are believed to be accurate at the time of publication.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.