PETTIT PAINT–Alumaspray Plus, Black
32% Off -
Original $54.99 Price Details
Hazard Shipping Information
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees may apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
Alumaspray Plus, Black
|Aluminum Safe||Aluminum Safe|
|Anti-Slime Additive||Zinc Omadine|
|Copper Free||Copper Free|
|Coverage||15 Square Feet/Per Can|
|Cure Time||To Overcoat: 3-12 Hours; To Launch: 8-24 Hours|
|Type||Aerosol Outdrive Antifouling|
The no-copper solution to keeping aluminum outdrives free of slime
Specifically formulated as an antifouling paint for aluminum outdrives, Alumaspry Plus Antifouling paint contains no copper and will not cause galvanic corrosion. It is safe for use on aluminum outdrives and outboard motors. Resists slime and other marine growth and cleans itself by washing away at a controlled rate when in contact with water. Offered in Black.
- Contains no copper compounds resulting in no galvanic corrosion
- Antifouling Coating for aluminum outdrives and outboards
- May be hauled and re-launched without recoating
- Great choice for all underwater metal surfaces
- Self cleaning copolymer finish washes away at a controlled rate
- Type: Copolymer ablative aerosol
- Usage: Fresh, salt, brackish water; Trailerable, dry-stored boats; Aluminum lower units on outdrives and outboards
- Finish: Eggshell
- Components: 1
- Curing Mechanism: Solvent release
- Coverage: 15 sq.ft/spray can for 1 coat
- VOC: 650 g/l (5.40 lbs/gal)
- Active Ingredients: Zinc Pyrithione 1.43%
- Flash Point: 0°F (SETA)
- Application Method: Aerosol spray can
- Number of Coats Recommended: 2 minimum
- Dry Film Thickness/coat: 2 mils.
- Application Temperature Min./Max. Range: 40°F. Min. /90°F. Max.
- Thinner: 120 Brushing Thinner
Drying Times* (Hours)
Drying @40°F @70°F @90°F To recoat 12 hr. 6 hr. 3 hr. To launch 24 hr. 16 hr. 8 hr.
*The above dry times are minimums. May be recoated after the minimum time shown. There is no maximum dry time before launching.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.