PETTIT PAINT–Prop Coat Barnacle Barrier
Hazard Shipping Information
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees may apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
Prop Coat Barnacle Barrier
|Aluminum Safe||Aluminum Safe|
|Copper Free||Copper Free|
|Coverage||10 Square Feet/Per Can|
|Cure Time||To Overcoat: 1/2-2 Hours; To Launch: 16-48 Hours|
|Type||Aerosol Zinc Coating|
Pettit's Prop Coat, with a high zinc content protects underwater metals against corrosion.
Use on transducers and bare metals including steel, stainless steel, cast iron, copper, bronze, galvanized steel, and lead. Bonds to underwater metals and running gear and inhibits corrosion. Use to create a hard, smooth, flat gray finish that self-cleans in service. Can be used above or below the waterline. 16oz. aerosol.
- Protects underwater metals against corrosion
- Extreme adhesion to clean metals
- Dried paint film contains the highest amount of pure zinc available
- Fast-dry formula in an easy to use aerosol spray can
- Type: Zinc in modified epoxy base
- Finish: Flat
- Available Colors: Gray
- Components: 1
- Curing Mechanism: Solvent release
- Coverage: 10 sq. ft/16 oz. spray can
- VOC: 60% max
- Active Ingredients: Zinc in modified epoxy base
- Flash Point: None
- Application Method: Aerosol Spray
- Number of Coats Recommended: 2 or 3 Do not apply more than three coats
- Dry Film Thickness/coat: 1.5 mils
- Application Temperature Min./Max. Range: 50° F. Min. 90° F. Max.
- Thinner: Cleanup with 120 Thinner, Model 249961
Drying Times (Hours)
For detailed application instructions see the Pettit Zinc coat barnacle barrier Data Sheet. NOTE: Manufacturer data sheets are subject to revision. Linked data sheets are believed to be accurate at the time of publication.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.