PETTIT PAINT–Ultima ECO Antifouling Paint
This item is no longer available.
Innovative green antifouling paint combining a slime fighting agent and a dual-biocide metal-free technology
Ultima ECO uses new metal-free ECONEA™ biocide combined with a slime fighting inhibitor for dual-biocide, multi-season protection. This copper-free formula can be safely used on all substrates—including aluminum. It provides excellent antifouling protection for sailboats and powerboats with an ablative surface that wears away with use, which reduces your need to sand at haulout.
- Uses copper-free technology
- Dual Biocide to control hard and soft fouling
- Clean, bright colors and biodegradable
- Contains organic Econea biocide
- Innovative ‘green’ paint and vigorous against fouling organisms
- Type: Dual-biocide ablative
- Finish: Eggshell
- Available colors: White, Red, Blue, Black, Green
- Components: 1
- Curing mechanism: Solvent Release
- Solids by weight (Theoretical): 80 +/- 3%
- Solids by Volume (Theoretical): 59 +/- 3%
- Coverage: 500sq.ft. /gal.
- VOC: 320 grams/liter (Max) (as supplied)
- Active ingredients: 6% Tralopyril, 4.80% Zinc Pyrithional
- Flash point: None
- Application Method: Brush, roller, airless, or conventional spray
- Number of coats recommended: 2 or 3
- Dry Film Thickness: 1.5 mils
- Wet Film Thickness: 2.6 mils
- Applicator: High-quality short nap roller (maximum 3/8” nap)
- Application temperature: Min. /Max. Range: 40° F. Min/90°F. Max
- Thinner: Special Thinner 120, model 249961; 121 Spraying thinner, model 249995
Drying times (Hours)
|To recoat||6 hr.||3 hr.||2 hr.|
|To launch||8 hr.||4 hr.||2 hr.|
*The above dry times are minimums. May be recorded after the minimum time shown. There is no maximum dry time before launching.
Get the right amount of paint:
|Boat Type||Bottom Paint|
|10' Dinghy||1 qt.|
|14' Outboard||1-2 qt.|
|18' Runabout||2 qt.|
|20' Sailboat||3 qt.|
|24' Runabout||3-4 qt.|
|30' Sailboat||1.5 gal.|
|32' Cruiser||1.5-2 gal.|
|36' Auxiliary||2 gal.|
|40' Cruiser||2.5 gal.|
|45' Sailboat||3-3.5 gal|
|50' Sportfisher||4+ gal.|
Another way to determine bottom paint quantity is to estimate the approximate surface area of the hull below the waterline, using the following formula:
Length x Beam x .75 = Approximate underwater surface area in square feet.
Each paint has a “theoretical coverage” area, but most paints require at least two coats, so you can expect actual coverage to be no greater than half of the theoretical value.
For detailed application instructions and to view available colors, see the Pettit Ultima ECO data sheet.
NOTE: Manufacturer data sheets are subject to revision. Linked data sheets are believed to be accurate at the time of publication.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
SEAFITDeluxe Bottom Painting Kit