ORC+ Offshore Cruiser 4-Person Life Raft, Valise
|Ballast||Three Pockets; 30 Liters Each|
|Capacity||Up to 4 People|
|Dimensions||Stowed: 16 1/2" Width x 10 1/2" Height x 27 1/2" Length|
|Material||Outer Envelope:11 Decitex PVC; Inner Layer: Polyurethane|
|Warranty Details||Eighteen Year Warranty; Requires Servicing Every Three Years|
This ORC+ Offshore Cruiser Life Raft is designed to meet the demands of offshore cruising conditions.
For use in open ocean, more than 50 miles from shore.
Designed to allow survival for 5-30 days at sea.
The double chamber construction is exclusive to Plastimo and provides exceptional resistance to perforations and abrasion. The patented firing head requires minimal pull on the firing lanyard for easy inflation and deployment—even a child or injured adult could blow the life raft open. The canopy has retro-reflective tape and raincatching gutter. The included equipment package meets ORC requirements and includes: two floating anchors with 33' line, pump, two paddles, floating knife, rescue quoit with 98' line, bailer, two sponges, repair kit, checklist, instruction manual, survival instructions and signal card. Included signaling equipment: three SOLAS handheld flares, two SOLAS parachute flares, two chemical lightsticks, signaling mirror, waterproof flashlight with spare batteries and bulb, and a whistle. Included personal survival equipment: .5 liter water per person, 4.4oz. food rations per person, graduated cup, fishing kit, first aid kit, seasickness pills (six per person) and rainwater collecting pouch.
All Plastimo life rafts include an 18-year warranty. This is unique in the industry and is a testament to the manufacturing methods and quality of the life rafts. Warranty requires life raft servicing every three years at one of Plastimo's worldwide network of service centers.
- Classification: Offshore
- Approvals: None
- Service Interval: Three years
- Double chamber construction is exclusive to Plastimo
- Patented firing head requiring minimal pull on firing lanyard for easy inflation and deployment
- Automatically inflated canopy
- Retro-reflective tape and raincatching gutter on canopy
- Door secured with webbing loops, hook and loop material
- Four ballast bags
- Equipment package meeting ORC requirements
- Includes personal survival kit
- 18-year warranty; requires servicing every 3 years
Equipment Package Includes:
- Two floating anchors with 33' line
- Two paddles
- Floating knife
- Rescue quoit with 98' line
- Two sponges
- Repair kit
- Safety checklist
- Instruction manual
- Survival instructions
- Signal card
- Three SOLAS handheld flares
- Two SOLAS parachute flares
- Two chemical lightsticks
- Signaling mirror
- Waterproof flashlight with spare batteries and bulb
Personal Survival Equipment Includes:
- 0.5 liter water per person
- 4.4oz. food rations per person
- Graduated cup
- Fishing kit
- First aid kit
- Six seasickness pills per person
- Rainwater collecting pouch
- Tube Fabric: Outer envelope is 1100 Decitex PVC; inner layer of polyurethane
- Seam Construction: Heat welded
- Stowed Dimensions: 27 1/2"L x 16 1/2"W x 10 1/2"H
- Weight: 62lb.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.