Designed for blue water use, these heavy-duty life rafts feature two stacking flotation tubes and a self-erecting canopy. Flotation tubes are double chambered for secure air-holding capacity. Rafts incorporate Plastimo's deepest ballast pockets (14.5 gallons each) for stability, drift prevention and stronger anti-capsizing control in rough waters. Foam-coated double floor provides added protection against hypothermia. Retro-reflective tape on canopy and bottom of raft add visibility for rescue. Boarding ladder and a righting strap make boarding easier. Full greater-than-24-hour survival package included in the raft. Designed to be seen, canopies are international orange, and tubes are high visability yellow. Rafts include a ISAF-approved boarding ramp with inside grab handle and comply with ISASF 1 and 2 categories.
All Plastimo life rafts include an 18-year warranty. This is unique in the industry and is a testament to the manufacturing methods and quality of the life rafts. Warranty requires life raft servicing every three years at one of Plastimo's worldwide network of service centers.
- Classification: Offshore
- Approvals: ISO 9650-1A, ISAF 1 and 2, OSC
- Service Interval: Three years
- Number of Flotation Tubes: Two double chambered
- Tube Fabric: 1100 Decitex PVC outer tube, polyurethane inner chamber
- Seam Construction: Welded and glued
- Canopy: Self-inflating with anti return valve
- Door: One large door with Velcro® closure
- Floor: Double floor with aluminum coated insulation
- Ballast Bags: Four bags with 459lb. each
- Included Equipment: Floating anchor with 98' of line, pump, 2 SOLAS overalls, 2 paddles, floating knife, rescue quoit with 98' of line, bailer, 2 sponges, repair kit, 2 pints water per person, 17oz. of food per person, first aid kit, fishing kit, seasickness pills, 6 SOLAS handflares, 2 SOLAS Parachute rocket flares, 1 signalling mirror, outside light on canopy, inside lamp on arch tube, SOLAS refelctive tape on canaopy and and raft bottom, 2 water proof torches, signal mirror and whistle
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.