ProSport 20 Plus Heavy-Duty Marine Battery Charger
Add extra coverage from the date of purchase beyond the manufacturer’s warranty. View Details
A light, compact, easy to use and install, waterproof onboard charger filled with technology
The ProSport 20 Plus’s™ exclusive microprocessor and software ensures that all of the available charging amperage is fully utilized to meet the unique demands of each onboard battery and charge it in the most efficient way. After the batteries are charged, the ProSport 20 Plus™ monitors and maintains the charge only as needed—reducing its AC power consumption. Connection to shore power is made easy by the included 15A plug.
The “System Check OK” and “Battery Bank Trouble” LED indicators are exclusive to the ProSport™ line and confirm the system is operating properly or help shorten any required time spent troubleshooting. Compatible with flooded and AGM batteries, this smart charger provides three charging modes plus a storage recondition mode which helps extend the life of your batteries. Because this charger is waterproof, it can be installed almost anywhere on the boat. All of these features come in a charger that is 40% lighter than conventional epoxy filled (potted) chargers.
- Distributed On-Demand Technology: Ensures that 100% of the charging amps are fully utilized to meet the demand of each battery onboard. If one battery requires only 8 of the 20 amps available, the remaining 12 amps will be divided between the other two batteries as their demands require. Distribution is based on the needs of each battery.
- “System OK” and “Battery Bank Trouble” status Indicators: Advanced technology eliminates time consuming troubleshooting by indicating system and battery connections are OK or if an issue is present with a specific battery bank.
- Energy Saving Mode: After fully charging and conditioning batteries, the ProSport’s™ energy saving mode will monitor and auto maintain batteries only when needed, maintaining a full state of charge. This significantly reduces AC power consumption, lowers operating costs, and maximizes reserve power performance.
- Storage Recondition Mode: During short or long-term storage, ProSport™ automatically reconditions all batteries on board once a month for maximum battery life and performance. Head to the water knowing that you’ve got the power you need.
- Digital LED Display Indicators: LED indicators confirm that AC Power is connected, denote charging mode, and battery type selected. There are two charge profiles to choose from included in the box.
- Pre-wired output leads with ring terminals and inline fuses and 15A input cable makes installation quick and easy
- Built-in Safety and Quality: the extruded aluminum design is compact and its three inline fuses protect trolling and house bank batteries. The ProSport has built-in over-voltage, overload, over-temperature, reverse-polarity and ignition protections. This combined in a waterproof package allows this charger to be installed anywhere on the boat within the 6’ cable range of the included AC and DC cables.
- Ideal Use: One 12V Engine Start + Two 12V house or trolling motor battery (for 24V trolling motor) or Three 12V trolling motor batteries (for 36V application) or Three 12V engine start batteries.
- Capacity: 20A
- Volts: 12/24/36
- Battery Banks: 1 or 3
- Chemistries: Flooded, Gel, AG and Performance AGM (only on ProSport™ 20 Dual)
- AC Input Voltage: 90-135V
- Charging Stages: 3 (plus Storage Reconditioning)
- Automatic Functions: Distributed-On-Demand® battery sensing and distribution
- User Selectable Functions: Charging system algorithms, reprogrammable for battery type
- Status Indicators: LED display of system check, battery bank status
- Safety Features: Ignition protected, with over-voltage and over-current protection
- Waterproof: Yes
- Remote Available: No
- Design Standards: (Marine UL 1236 SB, CSA C22.2 No. 107.2, FCC Class A, ABYC A-28)
- Temperature Compensation: N/A
- Dimensions: 12 1/8"L x 7 1/4"W x 2 3/4"H
- Weight 6 lbs.
- Warranty: Two Years
ProSport 20 Plus Heavy-Duty Marine Battery Charger
|ISO Approved||UL 1236 SB|
|Multi Bank Chargers||3 Banks|
|Warranty Details||Two Years|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on Orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned. This includes: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers, computer software and electronics charts. Other non-returnable items include carry-on air conditioners, generators and select electronics. We will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair on product that cannot be returned to West Marine. Items containing hazardous material may only be returned to a West Marine store.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464).