PURE OCEANS–Salt-Off Concentrate, Gallon
Salt-Off Concentrate, Gallon
|Type||Salt Removing Concentrates|
Easy-to-use Salt-Off gets rid of salt deposits and leaves a PTEF protective coating.
Rinses away salt buildup while leaving a protective PTEF
Superior performance in key testing: The Humidity Cabinet Test (ASTM D 17 48) subjects metals to 100% humidity to simulate lengthly, harsh exposure found in the marine environment. Left untreated, metals will quickly show signs of surface corrosion.
We subjected an untreated metal panel, a metal panel treated with a leading competitor's salt-inhibiting product and a metal panel treated with West Marine Pure Oceans® Salt-Off to this test. The untreated panel showed severe corrosionover most of its surface. The competitor's panel showed signs of corrosion in numerous areas, while the panel treated with Pure Oceans® Salt-Off was virtually rust free.
- Rinses away salt buildup and leaves a protective PTEF® coating to prevent future salt damage
- Provides a durable polymer barrier to help prevent future deposits
- Use on fiberglass, aluminum, stainless steel, rubber, plastic, magnesium and paint
- Also can be used as a motor flush in I/O and outboard engines to help protect engines used in salt water
- Ideal for fishing tackle, dive gear, trailers and all other equipment exposed to salt
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.