Men's Amphibian Plus Shoes
|Warranty Details||90 Days|
Not unlike their namesakes, these shoes live double lives.
Amphibians live part of their lives in water, part on land. Kind of sounds like boaters, doesn't it? Some would even argue that the best part of living (at least for homo sapiens) revolves around the water part. Quiksilver has designed their Amphibian Plus Shoes to tackle both environments with equal aplomb. We'll leave the discussion of which is more important to you.
- Boardshort-style cinch lock laces keep your Amphibian Plus Shoes on your feet instead of lost at sea.
- Drainage ports, with what can best be described as tiny window screens, ensure water that enters the top of your shoes exits the bottom of your shoes in an unrestricted flow without any intervention on your part.
- The pattern on the non-marking (read "gelcoat- and your-grandmother's-linoleum-floor-friendly") rubber outsoles has been designed for maximum flexibility and support on wet surfaces. Dry surfaces are covered below.
- Welded and molded structural underlays offer an advanced performance fit you'll appreciate no matter where on earth your adventures take you.
- Custom spacer mesh liners have a large number of closely-spaced holes knit into the weave of the fabric for cool comfort and breathability when the temperature or your exertion level rises.
- Strategically-placed rubber pods, made from specialized compounds custom engineered by Michelin™, provide traction on terra firma as well.
- One-piece, breathable, no-sew mesh uppers with hidden lining and footbed seams means socks (which get soggy, cold and clammy) aren't just discouraged, they're unnecessary for your comfort.
- Hydrobound™ cushion layer between footbed linings and outsoles adds spring to your step.
- Lava™ anti-odor technology uses a dermatologically safe, mineral-based substance born from volcanic ash to keep them smelling fresh by sea or by land.
Textile uppers and linings. Rubber outsoles. Imported.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.