RAYMARINE–EV-200 Power Autopilot with Type 1 Hydraulic Drive Unit
EV-200 Power Autopilot with Type 1 Hydraulic Drive Unit
|Display Type||Backlit LCD|
|Type||Autopilot Package Complete|
Three Years (with Product Registration)
Advanced aerospace guidance technology combined with super easy installation and calibration!
Raymarine combines its autopilot expertise with aerospace guidance technology to eliminate the need for a setup compass swing or calibration and the EV-200 Power doesn’t need to be adjusted to the boat in which it is installed. This innovative breakthrough in autopilot intelligence uses Evolution AiTM control algorithms that give these autopilots the ability to perceive their environment and instantly calculate and evolve steering commands for maximum performance. This results in precise course-keeping regardless of vessel speed or sea conditions.
The EV-200 Power is designed for powerboats with hydraulic steering. The Type 1 Hydraulic Pump is intended to operate the boat’s steering mechanism as part of the Raymarine autopilot system. It’s primarily designed for use on boats with an existing hydraulic steering system. Alternatively, you can use this pump on a boat with mechanical steering in conjunction with a secondary steering ram. The hydraulic pump contains a precision gear pump and a check valve driven by a servo motor. Order Model 14842835 (sold without the hydraulic drive) if your boat already has a compatible hydraulic pump.
The p70R control head is designed for powerboats and it’s powered by Raymarine’s LightHouse user interface that organizes all options into simple menu structures. With Evolution’s quick setup, you’ll be up and running in minutes. The p70R has a rotary dial for easy course setting and the boat can even be steered with it. Users should know that a multifunction display must be running Raymarine’s LightHouse II software and that some autopilot functionality may not be available if your system doesn’t include a dedicated autopilot control head.
- EV Sensor core: The heart of the evolution system is the ultra-compact EV Sensor core, a nine-axis heading sensor and full function course computer.
- Compact Size: Because it’s about the same size as a typical marine GPS sensor, the EV sensor core can be bracket- or flush-mounted horizontally. It’s IPX6 water-resistant so the sensor can be installed above or below deck.
- SeaTalkng cabling: This convenient feature provides a single power and data connection to the SeaTalkng bus and the Actuator Control Unit (ACU) that attaches to the same bus to provide power and signal to a Raymarine hydraulic or mechanical autopilot system.
- AutomagicTM: No lengthy calibration procedures or compass calibration are required to set up. This is true plug and play installation.
- Super Accurate: Delivers accuracy to within 2 degrees in all conditions.
- Automatically Adjusts: Auto compensation for on board magnetic fields and reliable heading accuracy in northern and southern extremes.
- Robust data transfers: Fast, reliable heading data for MARPA, radar overlay and heading modes on Raymarine aSeries, cSeries, eSeries or gS Series multi-function displays.
- Warranty: Three years (with product registration)
What’s in the box:
- EV1 Sensor Core
- ACU-200 Autopilot Control Unit
- p70R Autopilot Control head
- Hydraulic pump
- Evolution cabling kit
- Boat Type: Mid-size hydraulically steered boats
- Drive Type: Hydraulic
- Controls: p70R Control Head
- Draw: EV1 30mA; ACU-100 300mA-7A; Control head 134mA
- Data Interface: SeaTalkng, NMEA2000
- Diameter: 5 1/2”
- Depth including mounting enclosure: 1 1/3”
- Depth including wall bracket: 3 3/4”
- Weight: .64 lbs.
- Nominal supply voltage: 12 V (powered by SeaTalkng system)
- Operating voltage range:8 V to 15.6 V DC
- Power consumption (taken from SeaTalkng system): 30 mA
- SeaTalkng LEN (Load Equivalency Number): 1
- Sensors: Three-axis accelerometer; Three-axis digital compass; 3-axis gyro digital angular rate sensor
- Data connections: SeaTalkng
- Operating temperature: -4˚F to +131˚F
- Storage temperature: -22 ˚F to + 158˚F
- Relative humidity: max 93%
- Waterproof rating: IPX6
- EMC Compliance: Europe 2004/108/EC; Australia and New Zealand
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.