RAYMARINE–HS5 SeaTalkhs Network Switch
HS5 SeaTalkhs Network Switch
Raymarine C-Series Multifunction Display
Raymarine E-Series Multifunction Display
Serves as the central connection point for the SeaTalk high speed network.
The HS5 uses the new Raynet waterproof connection system found on c-Series and e-Series displays, and provides a secure, reliable weather tight connection. Up to five displays or other peripherals can be connected directly to the HS5 network switch. The five ports all support 10 or 100 Megabit speeds when connected to peripherals like displays, scanners, sounder modules or thermal cameras. The fifth port also supports Gigabit speed for interconnecting multiple HS5 switches together on very large networks.
Systems with more than five SeaTalkhs devices require more than one network switch. Network switches can be connected together ("daisy-chaining") for this purpose.
The network switch provides a dedicated high-speed (1000 Mbit/S) port for connecting switches together while still retaining full data bandwidth throughout the system.
Each switch only has one high-speed port (port 5), so you can only connect up to two switches using the high-speed (1000 Mbit/S) connection. Any additional network switches must be connected together using a standard speed (100 Mbit/S) port.
Note: The maximum number of SeaTalkhs devices that can be connected in any single system is 25.
The compact HS5 works on both 12V and 24V DC power systems, and is simple to install with large keyhole mounting slots and front-facing status indicators.
- 12V or 24V DC operating systems
- Five port - Watertight RayNet connection
- 10Mbit/sec, 100Mbit/sec and 1000 Mbit/sec (fifth port only) supported network speeds
- Gigabit fifth port allows higher speed across switches should a second switch be necessary
- Dimensions: 10" x 3 1/2" x 3"
- Nominal Supply Voltage: 12 or 24V DC
- Operating Voltage Range: 9 to 32V DC
- Power Consumption: < 2.5W | < 600mA @ 12V
- Supported Connection Protocols: SeaTalkhs
- Supported Connection Speeds: 10 Mbit/S | 100 Mbit/S | 1000 Mbit/S
What's in the Box
- Network switch
- Mounting screws
- Power cable (red and black)
- Documentation pack
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.