RAYMARINE–iTC-5 Instrument Transducer Converter
iTC-5 Instrument Transducer Converter
The iTC-5 converts analog (spade connector) transducer signals used in ST60+, i70, ST70+ and ST70 instruments into SeaTalkng sentences for integration into full SeaTalkng backbone systems.
Transducers for Speed, Depth, Wind, Rudder Angle and Fluxgate Compass can be connected to one iTC-5 unit, eliminating the need for multiple ST70 pods. Extended SeaTalkng systems can support multiple iTC-5 units. SeaTalkng connections at the base of the unit simply connect the iTC-5 unit to the SeaTalkng backbone.
Six LED Status Indicators show integrity of connected transducers and the SeaTalkng network. In an SPX autopilot system the fluxgate compass and rudder reference transducer must be connected directly to the course computer and not the iTC-5.
- All-in-one analog to digital converter for depth, speed/temperature, wind, compass and rudder transducers
- Converts analog transducer signals used in Raymarine i70, ST70+ and ST70 instrument systems to SeaTalkng protocol
- Transducers for speed, temperature, depth, wind, rudder angle and fluxgate compass can be connected to one iTC-5 unit, eliminating the need for multiple ST70 pods
- Extended SeaTalkng systems can support multiple iTC-5 units
- SeaTalkng connections at base of unit simply connect the iTC-5 unit into the SeaTalkng backbone*
- iTC5 unit provides all necessary power and communications connections to transducers
- Works with most analog transducers from legacy Raymarine ST30, ST40, ST50, ST60, ST80 and ST290 series instruments
- iTC5 also works with Raymarine fluxgate compass modules
*Note: ST40, i40, i50, i60 and ST60+ displays cannot calibrate the iTC-5. Only the i70 has full transducer calibration. The ST70 and ST70+ can calibrate depth, wind and speed / temperature transducers (not rudder or compass). If you do not have an ST70, ST70+ or i70 in your system, then ST40, i40, i50, i60 and ST60+ displays must be interfaced directly to the appropriate analog transducers.
- Connections: SeaTalkng backbone, one SeaTalkng spur, five transducer connections with spade terminals
- Included Accessories: two fasteners and 15 3/4" SeaTalkng spur cable (A06038)
- Voltage: 12V (9-16V DC)
- Draw: 150mA peak
- Width: 3 11/16"
- Height: 6 7/16"
- Depth: 1 3/4"
- Waterproof Rating: IPX2 splash-resistant
- Warranty: Two years
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.