RONSTAN–Series 25 Single Utility Block
20% Off - Ends 11/24/19
Series 25 Single Utility Block
|Ball Bearings||Plain Bearings|
|Diameter||1/4 Inch or 6 mm|
|Integral Cleat||No Integral Cleat|
|Mount Type||Swivel Shackle|
|Safe Working Load||330 Pounds|
|Sheave Diameter||25 mm|
A simple, economical plain bearing utility block with a swivel shackle.
Not all control line blocks on a boat require two-stage bearings that evolve from years of R&D—and the expense that goes with them. Sometimes the system just needs a simple, but solid block. Utility blocks are just the answer for these situations, but Ronstan takes simple a step further by using top quality materials.
Commonly used for dinghy applications, these blocks feature 316 stainless steel cheeks for strength and superior corrosion resistance. UV stable acetal sheaves provide durability for a long service life.
Each block is riveted together and requires virtually no maintenance—just a little rinse now and again. The rivets are hollow and can be used to fasten the blocks with screws, shackles or lashed. For extra purchase the rivet can be used as a becket. There is a utility block for almost any light to moderate load application.
- Solid simple plain bearing block
- 316 stainless steel cheeks for strength and superior corrosion resistance
- Acetal sheaves offer UV resistance
- The 5/32" shackle pin feature a low-profile head that fastens with a flat head screwdriver
- Riveted together
- Can be mounted using fasteners, shackles or lashed
- Ideal for general control lines, sheets, spinnaker controls, turning blocks, Cunninghams and outhauls
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.