Series 40 All-Purpose Single Block
General application plain-bearing blocks provide performance and value.
A smooth and efficient block is critical to the conversation between sailor and boat—especially for handheld control lines. Ronstan designed the Series 40 All-Purpose blocks to give dinghy and small keelboat sailors the feedback to detect subtle wind changes and sail as efficiently as possible.
These lightweight blocks feature a durable, self-lubricating, UV stable acetal sheave that runs smoothly on a Grade 316 stainless steel shaft. Fiber reinforced nylon cheeks provide rigidity and strength and are beefed up with 316 stainless steel load straps. The included shackle features a screw pin with a low-profile head to prevent snagging on smaller lines. Get the messages your boat sends you though the lines by using efficient and smooth Ronstan Series 40 All-Purpose blocks.
This 40mm single with shackle head is versatile and can be used for a wide range of applications. Great for halyard tuners, Cunninghams, dinghy sheets and more.
- Lightweight blocks designed for moderate to high static and dynamic loads
- Ideal for handheld control lines
- Captive lock secures swivel at 0° or 90° or left to swivel freely
- Sliding acetal plain bearing on 316 stainless steel shaft handles high loads and maintains low friction
- Fiber reinforced nylon cheeks to add strength while reducing weight
- Self-lubricating, UV stable acetal sheave is strong and lightweight
- Grade 316 stainless steel load straps add strength
- Ideal for: Dinghy and small keelboat sheets, halyard tuning systems, backstay systems on dinghies and smaller keelboats, boom vangs (cascade systems)
Series 40 All-Purpose Single Block
|Ball Bearings||Plain Bearings|
|Diameter||7/16 Inch or 11 mm|
|Integral Cleat||No Integral Cleat|
|Mount Type||Swivel Shackle|
|Safe Working Load||882 Pounds|
|Sheave Diameter||40 mm|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers; computer software, electronics charts, and carry-on air conditioners. For electronics we will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Estimated delivery is 3 – 7 business days and only applicable on deliveries within the contiguous United States. Signature Required for receipt of shipment.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464)