RONSTAN–Stainless Sailmakers Thimbles
Chafe protection for running rigging.
Sailmaker’s thimbles differ from conventional thimbles because they are continuous without sharp edges or angles that can wedge and hold lines. This circular design makes them ideal for creating chafe protected loops in running rigging lines and wire. Each stainless steel ring features a deep trough to capture the line and secure the thimble within the loop. Splicing them into the loop of twelve strand line is probably the easiest, but they can be spliced into just about any rope or wire. Create custom running rigging systems with Ronstan sailmaker’s thimbles.
- Provides excellent chafe protection in loops in rope and wire
- Continuous loop design eliminates sharp edges
- 316 Stainless steel construction for corrosion resistance
- Deep trough holds the thimble securely within the loop
- Great for creating custom running rigging systems
- Sized by rope or wire diameter
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.