Replace a damaged and ineffective rudder.
Rudder condition and shape have direct effects on how a sailboat performs. If the rudder is damaged or has a poor shape, you can lose the ability to point or maintain control while heeling. Replace your boat's rudder and improve its sailing performance with an Idasailor Marine's Unifoil transom-hung rudder. Designed for boats up 28' these pre-fabricated rudders use a NACA 0012 foil section and are constructed using high-density polyethylene (HDPE). The results are improved pointing ability, improved lift and reduced drag for better all-round speed. The Unifoil rudder's solid HDPE construction does not split, delaminate or absorb water, and has neutral buoyancy that will not add weight to your transom. Replace that damaged or ineffective rudder with an Idasailor Unifoil for surer tacks and improved performance.
- Replacement rudder for sailboats up to 28'
- NACA 0012 foil section for improved lift and reduced drag
- Improves pointing ability
- High-density polyethylene construction will not split or absorb water
- Has a neutral buoyancy and will not add weight to the transom
- Copatible with boats under 5500 lb. displacement
- Lifetime warranty
|Dimensions||76 Inches x 12 Inches x 4 Inches|
|Material||High Density Polyethylene|
|Rudder Thickness||1 1/2 Inches|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on Orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned. This includes: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers, computer software and electronics charts. Other non-returnable items include carry-on air conditioners, generators and select electronics. We will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair on product that cannot be returned to West Marine. Items containing hazardous material may only be returned to a West Marine store.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464).