Replace a damaged and ineffective rudder.
Rudder condition and shape have direct effects on how a sailboat performs. If the rudder is damaged or has a poor shape, you can lose the ability to point or maintain control while heeling. Replace your boat's rudder and improve its sailing performance with an Idasailor Marine's Unifoil transom-hung rudder. Designed for boats up 28' these pre-fabricated rudders use a NACA 0012 foil section and are constructed using high-density polyethylene (HDPE). The results are improved pointing ability, improved lift and reduced drag for better all-round speed. The Unifoil rudder's solid HDPE construction does not split, delaminate or absorb water, and has neutral buoyancy that will not add weight to your transom. Replace that damaged or ineffective rudder with an Idasailor Unifoil for surer tacks and improved performance.
- Replacement rudder for sailboats up to 28'
- NACA 0012 foil section for improved lift and reduced drag
- Improves pointing ability
- High-density polyethylene construction will not split or absorb water
- Has a neutral buoyancy and will not add weight to the transom
- Copatible with boats under 5500 lb. displacement
- Lifetime warranty
|Dimensions||76 Inches x 12 Inches x 4 Inches|
|Material||High Density Polyethylene|
|Rudder Thickness||1 1/2 Inches|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.