Tiller Bracket & Shim Kits
Maximize tiller leverage with strong brackets.
A tiller’s solid attachment to the rudder is critical to controling the boat, but it is also critical to the dialog between sailor and boat. Flimsy and under sized tiller brackets can reduce a skippers confidence rough conditions and they can flex and mask rudder feedback that is needed to make sail trim or rigging adjustments. Use our heavy duty tiller brackets for solid control and constant feedback. These 304 stainless steel plates are 3/16" thick and offer an excellent blend of strength and corrosion resistance. Each plate is pre-drilled for both through-bolt attachment to the tiller and rudder head pivots.
Shim kits are available to compensate for differences between the rudder and the tiller thickness. These 1/8" thick shims are fabricated of UV stable high-density polyethylene (HDPE) and are pre-drilled with the same bolt pattern as the tiller bracket so that they can be easily installed.
- Heavy duty tiller brackets provide control and feedback from rudder
- Constructed using 3/16" thick 304 stainless steel for an excellent blend of strength and corrosion resistance.
- Pre-drilled for through-bolt attachment to tiller (1/4") and pivot bolt on rudder head (3/8")
- Dimensions: 9"L x 1 1/2"W (pivot hole is 4 1/2" from first tiller mounting hole)
- Shim kits are available to compensate for differences between the rudder and the tiller thickness each kit includes two 1/8" shims
- Shims are stackable to take up larger gaps
- Brackets sold in pairs
|Width||1/8 to 1/4 Inches|
|Width||3/8 to 3/4 Inches|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on Orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned. This includes: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers, computer software and electronics charts. Other non-returnable items include carry-on air conditioners, generators and select electronics. We will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair on product that cannot be returned to West Marine. Items containing hazardous material may only be returned to a West Marine store.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464).