Tiller Bracket & Shim Kits
Maximize tiller leverage with strong brackets.
A tiller’s solid attachment to the rudder is critical to controling the boat, but it is also critical to the dialog between sailor and boat. Flimsy and under sized tiller brackets can reduce a skippers confidence rough conditions and they can flex and mask rudder feedback that is needed to make sail trim or rigging adjustments. Use our heavy duty tiller brackets for solid control and constant feedback. These 304 stainless steel plates are 3/16" thick and offer an excellent blend of strength and corrosion resistance. Each plate is pre-drilled for both through-bolt attachment to the tiller and rudder head pivots.
Shim kits are available to compensate for differences between the rudder and the tiller thickness. These 1/8" thick shims are fabricated of UV stable high-density polyethylene (HDPE) and are pre-drilled with the same bolt pattern as the tiller bracket so that they can be easily installed.
- Heavy duty tiller brackets provide control and feedback from rudder
- Constructed using 3/16" thick 304 stainless steel for an excellent blend of strength and corrosion resistance.
- Pre-drilled for through-bolt attachment to tiller (1/4") and pivot bolt on rudder head (3/8")
- Dimensions: 9"L x 1 1/2"W (pivot hole is 4 1/2" from first tiller mounting hole)
- Shim kits are available to compensate for differences between the rudder and the tiller thickness each kit includes two 1/8" shims
- Shims are stackable to take up larger gaps
- Brackets sold in pairs
|Width||1/8 to 1/4 Inches|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.