AmSteel®Blue is a torque-free, 12-strand single braid that yields the maximum in strength-to-weight ratio and, size-for-size, is the same strength as steel-yet it floats. AmSteel®Blue is an excellent wire rope replacement with extremely low stretch and superior flex fatigue and wear resistance.
- Abrasion resistant
- Easy to inspect
- Easy to splice
- Excellent wear characteristics
- Extremely low stretch
- High strength
- High flex-fatigue resistant
- Maximum strength-to-weight ratio
- Samthane coated
- Similar elastic elongation to wire rope
- Torque-free construction
- UV stabilized
- Dyneema® Fiber, 0.98 Specific Gravity, 12-Strand Class II Splice
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.