SCHAEFER–1100 Jib Furler System
Truck Freight Information
Truck Freight is used to ship items that exceed standard shipping limitations on weight and/or size. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
1100 Jib Furler System
|Boat Length||27 to 31 Feet|
|Drum Diameter||6 3/4 Inches|
Stainless Steel Feeder
Overbuilt Heavy Duty Base Toggle Link
|Grooves||Twin Aft Facing Sail Grooves for Racing Sail Changes|
|Headstay Length||43 Feet|
|Maximum Wire Size||9/32 Inch to 1/4 Inch|
Using a combination of smooth-rolling Torlon® bearings and a round headstay extrusion centered on the headstay, Schaefer has reduced the effort necessary to roll up a genoa relative to competitive furlers. Features include:
- Anodized aluminum and polished stainless steel provide strength, durability
- Round Extrusions with dual sail grooves allow easy furling*
- Large drum dia. increases mechanical advantage making furling easier
- Open cage design for easy inspection and maintenance
- Polyethylene bearing liners stop corrosion and promote smooth furling
- Captive Fasteners ensure that no parts will be lost overboard
A complete system consists of a furler drum and tube package and a matching toggle and link, either standard or long (sold separately). Use Norseman or Sta-Lok fittings for easy installation over your existing standard wire headstay and turnbuckle. Systems without mechanical fittings are designed for rod or pre-swaged wire headstays; we recommend assembly by a professional rigger.
- Ball Bearings: 3/8" Torlon® ball bearings in multiple open races. No lubrication needed
- Drum Material: Anodized aluminum with stainless drum cage. Split drum easily removable for "race mode"
- Features: Captive fasteners. Stainless feeder. Riveted assembly. Overbuilt heavy-duty base toggle link
- Headstay/Pin Size: Wire size/pin diameter are critical ordering dimensions. Select Sta-Lok® or Norseman® terminal and Standard or Long toggle link.
- Headstay Extrusion: Round anodized aluminum centered on headstay
- For boats 27' to 31'
- Headstay length: 43'3"
- Wire diameter: 9/32" to 1/4"
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.