High Performance Downrigger, 60" with Swivel
|Cable Length||300 Feet|
304 Feet per Minute at 12 Pounds
295 Feet per Minute at 15 Pounds
260 Feet per Minute at 20 Pounds
Pull a fast one with this high performance downrigger.
Become more of a threat to fish by adding downriggers to your fishing arsenal. Downriggers give you the control to target fish in a specific water column with devastating effects The Scotty HP Downrigger is ideal for the angler that demands heavy duty performance and speed worthy of installation on charter boats. .
Control the rate of descent using a unique clutch/brake system. Anglers can fine tune the rate line is dispatched like controlling a lever actuated throttle. This control lever allows you to gradually stop the line to prevent shock-loading the weight. Depth can be monitored using the digital depth counter.
Cover more water by adjusting the trolling spread. A single adjustable stainless steel rod holder keeps your rod secure and allows you to control rod tip height and prevent line entanglement. A telescoping stainless steel boom and 360° swivel base with 16 locking positions enable you position the downrigger line further from the boat other lines.
Quickly install and store with the quick release base and Scotty/Marinco plug and receptacle. Scotty downriggers come fully assembled with the required base and mount. With the base in position, installing the downrigger is as simple as plugging in a household appliance. When not in use, the Scotty HP Downrigger stores vertically to reduce its footprint and make docking and washdowns easier. An included weight storage hook secures the weight while not in use.
Retrieve downrigger line quickly and hands-free. A single push of a button retrieves the line at a rate of 295'/ minute (15 lb. weight) and allows you to return your focus to landing a prized catch. Multi-position auto-stop with optional 1008 stopper beads puts you in control of how the line is retrieved. Many anglers like to stop the weight just below the waterline to prevent it from swinging and damaging the hullsides. An optional ball hook stores the downrigger cable when not in use.
Control the water column with precision and hook up more fish by adding a Scotty HP Downrigger to your boat.
- Heavy duty design
- Rate of descent can be controlled with clutch/brake lever
- Hands-free line retrieval at a rate of 295'/ min (15lb. weight)
- Tilts vertically for storage to decrease footprint
- Includes Scotty/Marinco plug and receptacle
- 1 1/4" diameter boom that is adjustable between 36"—60"
- Digital depth counter
- 360° swivel base with 16 locking positions
- Lifetime warranty
- Type: Electric
- Mount Type: 1026 swivel base with 16 position lock
- Material: Glass reinforced nylon with 1 1/4" adjustable 36"—60" boom
- Capacity: 20 lbs.
- Retrieval Rate: 295'/ minute (15lb. weight)
- Depth Counter: Digital
- Rod Holder(s): Stainless steel single axis
- Positive Ion Control: No
- Included Equipment: Nylon spool with 300' 180lb. test stainless steel line, Line release, 1023 Tilt-up mounting bracket, Scotty/Marinco plug and receptacle
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.