|Cable Length||200 Feet|
|Material||Glass Reinforced Nylon|
|Mount Type||Tilt Up|
|Speeds||2 Feet per Turn|
Brawny downrigger controls 200 feet of cable, struggle-free.
Controlled depth fishing isn’t just for large sportfishing vessels and saltwater species. Downriggers can be added to any angler’s arsenal to effectively target fish in a specific water column to increase their catch. The Scotty Strong-Arm is a manual downrigger ideal for anglers with smaller to intermediate sized boats that focus on a wide range of species. The Strong Arm 1085 is the result of 40 years of evolution and is considered a real workhorse in the manual downrigger world.
Deploy line with one hand with a simple to use clutch/brake. The included stainless steel cable dispatches easily and can be controlled to prevent shock-loading the weight. A mechanical depth counter will let you accurately position the weight at the target depth.
Adjust rod tip height using the single axis 358 Rodmaster rod holder. Fine tune the scope and height to separate lines and avoid entanglements.
Retrieve line quickly to prevent entanglement. The 2' per revolution crank quickly retrieves the downrigger line to prevent line entanglements and possibly breaking off a fish. An optional ball hook stores the downrigger cable when not in use.
Add control depth fishing to your boat to become a menacing threat to fish by employing this brawny Strongarm manual downrigger.
- Durable manual downrigger that is ideal for up to medium sized boats
- 2' per turn manual crank quickly retrieves line
- Fixed stainless steel 30" boom.
- Spray protected mechanical three digit depth counter
- Integrated 358 Rodmaster rod holder
- Lifetime limited warranty
- Type: Manual
- Mount Type: Easy access universal mounting base (compatible with Cannon electric models)
- Material: Glass reinforced body with 1 1/4" stainless steel boom
- Capacity: 12 lbs.
- Retrieval Rate: 2' per revolution manual crank
- Boom: Fixed 30"
- Depth Counter: mechanical
- Rod Holder: Single axis
- Positive Ion Control: No
- Included Equipment: Nylon spool with200' 150 lb. test stainless steel cable and includes a line release
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.