SEA HAWK–1241 Surface Tolerant Epoxy Coating System, Base
Hazard Shipping Information
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees may apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
1241 Surface Tolerant Epoxy Coating System, Base
|Application Method||Its chemically-cured formulation allows application at low temperatures and to damp surfaces; even those exhibiting flash rust|
|Capacity||2 to 5 Gallons|
|Coverage||136-273 Square Feet per Gallon|
|Cure time||To Recoat 2-11 Hours; To Overcoat 2-11 Hours|
|Type||Two-Part Epoxy Resin|
SEA HAWK Surface Tolerant Epoxy Coating System, Base
A multi-purpose, surface tolerant, two-part epoxy coating system that applies easily to non-optimal surfaces yet provides excellent chemical abrasion resistance for marine vessels and offshore structures above and below the waterline. Its chemically-cured formulation allows application at low temperatures, and to damp surfaces, even those exhibiting flash rust.
1241 cures to a semi-gloss finish for use in tank linings or on pipe coatings. Its self-priming nature provides an excellent surface for ship and barge antifouling hull coatings.
Requires Part 2 - 1241 Catalyst sku # 19601699
- Exceptional corrosion protection in both salt and fresh water immersion and corrosive chemical enviroments provides multiple uses for ships, marine structures, in fabrication and during new construction
- Surface tolerant formulation, reduces surface preparation time and cost
- Low temperature cure expands application window (to 0°F, -18°C)
- Quick drying provides fast re-coating
- Low VOC formulation complies with rigid VOC limits
- Base: 4 Gallons
- Finish: Semi-gloss
- Color: Gray
- Volume solids: 68%
- Weight solids: 80%
- Mixing ratio: 4:1 by volume
- Coverage: 136-273 sg ft/gal
- Recommended coats: 2
- Drying time: to recoat 2-11 Hours; to overcoat 2-11 Hours
- Cure for immersion: 7 days @ 77°F
- Reducer/Clean Up: 2033
- Airless Spray
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.