SEA HAWK–VMG Racing Finish Antifouling Paint
This item is no longer available.
When a fraction of a second counts, VMG wins the race!
Experienced sailors know that when it comes to winning races, a split second can spell the difference between winning or not. That's why ensuring that your boat's hull is as smooth as possible is so important. VMG can help you do this. What is VMG? VMG is a PTFE-enhanced, friction reducing, low drag, high performance coating that creates a super-smooth racing finish with no sanding required.
VMG can be applied over properly prepared existing freshwater thin-film paints and can also be applied over properly prepared and primed fiberglass, aluminum and steel surfaces. Depending on temperature, VMG can be overcoated in as little as 10 minutes, making it easy to get the project done in less than a day. For use in freshwater only. Not for sale in States where prohibited by law.
- Reduces friction (drag)
- Easily cleaned in and out of the water
- Color stays bright after launch
- No sanding between coats
- Contains PTFE for a super-slick surface
- For use in freshwater only
- Type: Two-part racing finish
- Finish: Semi-gloss
- Available Colors: Gun Metal Gray, Red, Blue, Jet Black, Bronze
- Components: 1 quart + zinc/stainless steel flakes
- Curing Mechanism: Solvent release
- Solids by Weight: 22.9%
- Solids by Volume: 8.08%
- VOC: 487g/qt.
- Application Method: Airless and conventional spray; Solvent-resistant brush or roller
- Coverage (Theoretical): 85sq.ft./qt. @ recommended film thickness
- Number of Coats Recommended: 2-3
- Dry Film Thickness/Coat: 1mil/coat
- Application Temperature: 50°F (min.) 70°F-80°F best
- Thinner: Sea Hawk 7105 or Isopropyl Alcohol
|To touch||5 min.||5 min.||5 min.||5 min.|
|To recoat||10 min.||10 min.||10 min.||10 min.|
|To launch (min.)||20 min.||20 min.||15 min.||10 min.|
|To launch (max.)||No max.||No max.||No max.||No max.|
*The above dry times are minimums. May be recoated after the minimum time shown. There is no maximum dry time before launching.
For detailed application instructions, see the VMG Data Sheet. NOTE: Manufacturer data sheets are subject to revision. Linked data sheets are believed to be accurate at the time of publication.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.