SHAKESPEARE–Galaxy®-INFL8 VHF 5' 3dB Inflatable Emergency Antenna
Hazard Shipping Information
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees may apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
Galaxy®-INFL8 VHF 5' 3dB Inflatable Emergency Antenna
|Best Use||Emergency VHF|
|Lead||20' RG-174 Cable with PL-259 Connector|
|Warranty Details||Five Years (With proof of purchase)|
The GALAXY INFL8-5 by Shakespeare is an inflatable emergency antenna that can be rapidly deployed via a CO2 cartridge or a manual tube and inflates to 5 ft. (1.6 m) to offer a full 3 dB antenna with a range of up to three times greater than any existing helical emergency antenna. Thanks to its inflatable design, the antenna can be deflated and stowed away safely in its easy-to-spot storage bag until it is needed again.
The antenna can be mounted with its hook and loop straps allowing for quick and easy installation in any weather to stanchions, outriggers or other vertical structures on board. The antenna also features grommets on the top and bottom to facilitate hanging and securing to spreaders, masts, hard tops and other structures even in case the inflatable bladder becomes damaged.
The connectors included in the package allow for versatile connection options. The pre-soldered PL-259 connector allows connection to a Fixed VHF directly or a handheld via the included SMA Adaptor.
- Inflatable to full 5' full 3 dB performance in an emergency antenna. Easily stowable.
- CO2 cartridge inflatable. Rapid & rigid inflation
- Manually inflatable*. Inflate incase CO2 cartridge is not available (The product does not inflate to be rigid enough to be mounted free standing. Recommended only if antenna can be supported at the bottom and the top)
- Straps and Grommets, versitle mounting options
- Included SMA adapter, compatible with most handheld VHF radios (Check with your radio manufacturer for compatibility with the adaptor. The adaptor features an SMA male)
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.