SHELL–Rotella® ELC Pre-Diluted Antifreeze/Coolant, Gallon
Rotella® ELC Pre-Diluted Antifreeze/Coolant, Gallon
SHELL Rotella® ELC Pre-Diluted Antifreeze/Coolant
The Shell ROTELLA® brand is excited to offer a complete product line of ELC and Fully Formulated engine coolants, designed to deliver:
1. Protection against overheating – Excellent heat transfer properties allow heat to transfer more effectively, protect against freeze and boil-over and help keep engines running cool
2. Corrosion protection – Corrosion inhibitor technology protects metals against all forms of corrosion
3. Maintenance savings – Technology helps extend coolant life and prolong the life of seals, hoses and other cooling system components – helping reduce overall maintenance costs ELCs are designed to go 600,000 on-highway miles (and beyond with proper monitoring) and provide overall reduction in cooling system maintenance.
ELCs also offer complete cooling system component protection by helping to reduce water-pump failures, hard-water-scale deposits and silicate gel (the green goo you sometimes see). Shell understands consumers’ challenges and has designed a product portfolio to help make maintenance needs easier.
- Minimum coolant life of 600,000 miles with only one Shell Rotella ELC Extender addition at 300,000 miles
- Improved water pump seal life due to low dissolved solid levels
- Excellent pitting protection for wet sleeve cylinder liners
- Excellent, long-term corrosion protection of all cooling system metals including aluminum, brass, cast iron, steel, solder, and copper
- No regular Supplemental Coolant Additives (SCA’s) required this item contains a bittering agent
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.